Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G not working at all

also doing a restore after updating apps/files with rock. awesome...

hey everybody- it seems we are all in the same boat - its good to know brothers are out there in the same fix as you hehe, quick question fellas, much like orivera - how does one put the iphone into DFU when it wont even turn on? Last time i dfu'd i used this tutorial qhich requires the iphone to be on first - pleas help - cant live without my iPhone companion : (

EDIT: This is the tutorial i used last time http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034 but as you wil see, it requires the iphone to be on first, troublesome for one who can't get his iphone to start at all!! Hoe did everyone else do it?
    Last edited by Prothean; 05-03-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks

I was having the same problem... I just left my phone plugged it in, then hit the power button till the apple logo showed up.. then quickly let go and then pressed power & home at the same time.. then i think I counted to like 10 and then let go of power.. and held onto home button

while having itunes open a message about iphone in restore mode opens up. thats how i did it...

thanks brother, giving that a go now and seems to be working just fine - though while the iphone screen IS black, like it should be in DFU, cant if its cos busted or actually in DFU mode hahah, cheers homie

yeah as long as its plugged in and itunes is running you should just be able to hold both power/sleep and home button for exactly 10 seconds then release the power/sleep button while still holding the home button until itunes recognizes that it's in dfu. thats exactly what i did, restored my 3G to 3.1.3. then jailbroke w/ spirit. i ended up running redsn0w w/ the 3.1.2 fw since it has the tethering hack built in.

same here Please give us a workarround...

Quote Originally Posted by oMikR0n View Post
    same here Please give us a workarround...
    have you already installed the updates?

yeah my bad. I did some of them, the others was giving me an error... I rebooted it to try again and KABAM :/

well unfortuneately as of right now the only way to get back up is to restore and rejailbreak. do you have your iphone backed up in itunes and progs/files backed up w/ cydia/rock?

no thats why i almost cried :_( Only rock backup(only a very old itunes backup). Thanks a lot for your help tho, mate!

ah that sucks man. i know how you feel. i actually had to restore earlier this week so i lost everything i had too. BUT on the flip side, i had a fresh install, only installed things that i really needed so now it's running a little faster and then backed up so it wasnt as bad to reinstall everything today. but dont give up to the evil apple empire! STAY JAILBROKEN, STAY FREE! at least now you should have a smoother running iphone!

F**K just while chucking on my my old apps I realized all my voice recording, notes and pictures were gone WTF ROCK - you owe me big, damn youuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Prothean View Post
    F**K just while chucking on my my old apps I realized all my voice recording, notes and pictures were gone WTF ROCK - you owe me big, damn youuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~
    damn, no itunes backup??

and did everyone do these updates through rock or cydia? did mine with rock. i'm wondering if this is isolated to one or on both.

Thanks

Well after worrying some last night.. I'm back up and running... Put it in DFU, restored with itunes.. went ahead and updated itunes to 9.1.1. then jailbroke with Spirit. Now in process of getting all JB app's back...

after reading... if your going to do this.. once your back restored.. save all your pictures and notes.. some people have been losing them when JB'n with Spirit
    Last edited by Shanks12; 05-03-2010 at 01:04 PM.

lucky for me i had just imported new pics of my fiance from my phone to my mac last night BEFORE i tried getting these updates this morning! and i jailbroke before syncing anything to the phone so would have lost minimal amount of info. used spirit first, worked fine but it didnt open up the tether option so i just ran redsn0w over top of it and worked fine as well

Please. Someone. There MUST be a way around this without having to Restore?! I have loads of photos and paid Apps that I don't have backed up.

After many many failed attempts, I've managed to get my iPhone 3G in to restore mode (with the USB + iTunes logo). I was hoping that I could SSH in at this point, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Surely the Cydia dev knows about this by now?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12