Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM #1
[HOW-TO] Restore a Broken SB From a Backup Without Restoring
I recently had to do this so I figured I would post a little how-to.
What you'll need:
- A Mac (sorry, there's no Windows app for this)
- Access to your iPhone's filesystem (SSH, Netatalk, iPhoneExplorer)
- iPhone Backup Extractor (download from iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor)
- Run iPhone Backup Extractor
- Choose your latest iPhone backup
- Scroll down to the very bottom and choose iPhone OS Files
- Choose a folder to save all of the preference files in
- The app will appear to hang for a few minutes, it's extracting files
- When it's done, browse into the extracted files and go into /Library/Preferences/
- Copy com.apple.springboard.plist into your iPhone at ../private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and overwrite the one that's in there
- Respring your phone