+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free Up Memory Automatically After an App Closes?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there a way to free up memory automatically on my iphone when I close an app? Its annoying to manually free up memory through the 'free memory' feature in
    iPhone? More like MyPhone koolx's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Free Up Memory Automatically After an App Closes?
    Is there a way to free up memory automatically on my iphone when I close an app? Its annoying to manually free up memory through the 'free memory' feature in SBSettings.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, there's no need to free up memory ever. The phone should just overwrite it once it needs it for something else.

Green Apple
    Thanks

sounds correct. i would like to know if there is a way to stop mail and phone to be resident in memory if you are not using them.

SBsettings always shows those items listed and you constantly have to end process to remove them

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^dhamien ..... this is correct, but it doesn't work all the time. For example, on my 3G, if I have Mail and Safari open, then load Live Poker ... usually Live Poker will crash. Reloading a second time -- works. From SBSettings, the system has terminated Mail and/or Safari making room for Live Poker to run.

^^thewiredhavocmc2.0 .... I found a 'free memory' program on another site that provides Settings options to terminate Mail/Safari/iPod at exit -- it also frees memory. However, it's not perfect either - as my Home Page Safari links no longer worked correctly.

Bottom line -- I need a 3GS with more memory (haha)

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol your right - 3GS is the way to go if you want more memory. Hopefully iPhone 4G will have a crap load of memory to compete with the HTC Incredible that dropped today.

that monster has a 1gig processor and tons of memory.