+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why does my iPhone keep getting progressively worse with every update?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is part rant, part question. My iPhone 3G worked beautifully out of the box with 2.0 software. then 2.1 came, and it was even better. But every single update
    Thanks

Default Why does my iPhone keep getting progressively worse with every update?
    This is part rant, part question. My iPhone 3G worked beautifully out of the box with 2.0 software. then 2.1 came, and it was even better. But every single update since then has made my iPhone slower and "crashier". I'm ready to give up on the iPhone. The Maps app is nonfunctional, Safari is slow, Phone (!) is slow, Messages are slow, YouTube works 40% of the time, and everything else is at least 5x slower than iPhone 2.1. I miss the days when it "just worked." My battery life has degraded I'm sure, but every OS since 3.0.X has been killing my battery life more and more. What is going on? Restores do nothing, and I really don't have that many apps or music. I have "Free Memory" and use it whenever I need to, so I don't know why everything is slow or crashes. Also, My chrome is separating from the black backing. It isn't like I abuse it, I have never treated a phone as nicely as the iPhone. It has been in an Incase slider case for almost a year and a half. Who else hates the new iPhone OS's with a passion?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same thing happened with my sisters phone , I beleive it's due to them just building up crap and getting old ... Nothing stays fast forever

I would reccommend a total restore like erase all contents and setting then start from there .

But be sure to save all your important info somewhere so you can put it back on after your done

Hope this helps

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't hate the iPhone OS. Try a restore. Is your iPhone jailbroken?
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

When new firmwares come out, are you updating or restoring. If you keep updating, it will get laggy. Sync your contacts/music, then do a full restore.

Set phone up as new, and sync data after thats done.