Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Best site for iPhone news?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, can anyone tell me what are the best sites (apart from this one) to keep up to date with news and updates regarding cydia? I use this site
...
  1. #1
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Best site for iPhone news?
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me what are the best sites (apart from this one) to keep up to date with news and updates regarding cydia?
    I use this site and TiPB to keep up to date on general iPhone news, but dont realy get much info on cydia downloads etc.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    well this is basically the only site for apple, and idevices news that is good.
    and u can get info for cydia apps at the top where it says cydia apps.
    i think u cou;d even rss it as well




    Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Thanks for the reply but i think your wrong about this being the only decent iphone news site. What about iPhone Gizmo.com, iPhone hacks.com, TopiPhonenews.com. They are all great but dont realy give much infor on cydia and jailbroken downloads etc. thanks

  4. #4
    CHUCK-TASTIC battlecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston follow @al_da_beast
    Posts
    7,940
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

    but this one does




    Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

  5. #5
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    I'm starting to think that your just promoting tipb for the simple fact that you ask about what's good but already have some few...as for nicholasa, we don't promote piracy...so don't post those links please
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Thanks for the reply but i think your wrong about this being the only decent iphone news site. What about iPhone Gizmo.com, iPhone hacks.com, TopiPhonenews.com. They are all great but dont realy give much infor on cydia and jailbroken downloads etc. thanks

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I didn't promote anything I just typed the word and if the site made it a link that's your problem. I was just giving the guy a suggestion. And I get an infraction for giving my opinion. And what I said was true I think that this site is ridiculous when it comes to this kind of thing and yeah the "x" word site is better. And you guys will delete this post as well for me giving my opinion.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to nicholasa For This Useful Post:

    Sailor-girl (04-24-2010)

  9. #8
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I'm starting to think that your just promoting tipb for the simple fact that you ask about what's good but already have some few...as for nicholasa, we don't promote piracy...so don't post those links please
    OK, 1. why would I promote a site that im saying isnt up to what i want out of an iPhone news site and 2. Im obviously asking for sites as the ones i use arnt great. Its people like you who make the internet a bad place with your flaming and trolling.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholasa View Post
    I didn't promote anything I just typed the word and if the site made it a link that's your problem. I was just giving the guy a suggestion. And I get an infraction for giving my opinion. And what I said was true I think that this site is ridiculous when it comes to this kind of thing and yeah the "x" word site is better. And you guys will delete this post as well for me giving my opinion.
    Thanks mate, sorry u got an infraction for trying to help. I didnt even actualy see the site u suggested as it was deleted so rapidly. Your right about this site and their strictness, its a shame realy as there are many wonderful and helpfull users on here.
    thanks again
    Last edited by Sailor-girl; 04-24-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #9
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Mentioning a site wetheer or not you place a .com at the end still references it...if i say modmyi you kno it's modmyi.com....so...referencing said sites that promote piracy is not allowed here...I'm no hypocrite but i follow rules...that's all. ANd with that many post , you should kno the rules here...as for flaming and trolling, no that's not what i do here...i merely stated an opinion on past experiences of posts i deleted due to spamming...now if i didn't delete your original post that means it's cool...just stating an opinion..that's all...

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholasa View Post
    I didn't promote anything I just typed the word and if the site made it a link that's your problem. I was just giving the guy a suggestion. And I get an infraction for giving my opinion. And what I said was true I think that this site is ridiculous when it comes to this kind of thing and yeah the "x" word site is better. And you guys will delete this post as well for me giving my opinion.
    Don't act like a child because you was told to follow rules...seriously , just relax and acknowledge your mistake is all...the back talk isn't really necessary (getting used to typing on my iPad)
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-24-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  11. #10
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Mentioning a site wetheer or not you place a .com at the end still references it...if i say modmyi you kno it's modmyi.com....so...referencing said sites that promote piracy is not allowed here...I'm no hypocrite but i follow rules...that's all. ANd with that many post , you should kno the rules here...as for flaming and trolling, no that's not what i do here...i merely stated an opinion on past experiences of posts i deleted due to spamming...now if i didn't delete your original post that means it's cool...just stating an opinion..that's all...


    Don't act like a child because you was told to follow rules...seriously , just relax and acknowledge your mistake is all...the back talk isn't really necessary (getting used to typing on my iPad)
    Has nicholasa seriously been banned for trying to answer someone question? sheesh, talk about draconian....

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Mentioning a site wetheer or not you place a .com at the end still references it...if i say modmyi you kno it's modmyi.com....so...referencing said sites that promote piracy is not allowed here...I'm no hypocrite but i follow rules...that's all. ANd with that many post , you should kno the rules here...as for flaming and trolling, no that's not what i do here...i merely stated an opinion on past experiences of posts i deleted due to spamming...now if i didn't delete your original post that means it's cool...just stating an opinion..that's all...


    Don't act like a child because you was told to follow rules...seriously , just relax and acknowledge your mistake is all...the back talk isn't really necessary (getting used to typing on my iPad)
    Also, why brag that u have an iPad? there was no need at all to say " just getting used to my ipad" other than to promote the fact u have an iPad, Well we have 2 in this house so im better than you by your standards....
    Last edited by Sailor-girl; 04-24-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #11
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    I mentioned the iPad because of grammatical errors on my posts , not to show off...i care less how many ipads u own as I have two and a 3G version in the mail...second he was banned for insulting me via PM and had previous infractions...he acted childish so that's what happened...please I ask that you not follow his footsteps.I'm a cool person in here...he just got carried away.
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-24-2010 at 11:43 AM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  13. #12
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I mentioned the iPad because of grammatical errors on my posts , not to show off...i care less how many ipads u own as I have two and a 3G version in the mail...second he was banned for insulting me via PM and had previous infractions...he acted childish so that's what happened...please I ask that you not follow his footsteps.I'm a cool person in here...he just got carried away.
    Lets agree to disagree on this one, dont think anyone deserves to be banned for simply name calling. Anyway, as i still have had no replys to my first question of any decent iPhone-Cydia news sites, maybe u could actualy answer that for me instead of telling me im promoting a site i rarely use.

  14. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dawkins bull terrier View Post
    Lets agree to disagree on this one, dont think anyone deserves to be banned for simply name calling. Anyway, as i still have had no replys to my first question of any decent iPhone-Cydia news sites, maybe u could actualy answer that for me instead of telling me im promoting a site i rarely use.
    Basicly I only use two sites pertaining to Iphones, this site is by far the best, in my opinion, I would say that iClarified is my second choice for news and guides!

    When I got my Iphone I had no idea what to expect other than my son said they were great!

    As far as jailbreaking I had no idea what it was about!

    I did some googleing and I ended up here and I am greatful!

    Also greatful that my Iphone was 3gs 32gig old bootrom and I have shsh's for 3.0,3.1,3.1.2,and 3.1.3 saved on Cydia, and on my computer, and yes I was one of the lucky ones on the 3.0

    I have learned a lot and try to help if I can, not supersmart I just read a lot!

    There are guides here to do anything, but fix "I accidently upgraded to 3.1.3 am I screwed"

    I am sure they are other but this is MY Two

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

    Sailor-girl (04-25-2010)

  16. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dawkins bull terrier View Post
    Thanks for the reply but i think your wrong about this being the only decent iphone news site. What about iPhone Gizmo.com, iPhone hacks.com, TopiPhonenews.com. They are all great but dont realy give much infor on cydia and jailbroken downloads etc. thanks
    I think you're wrong and this is the only decent one. Those sites you mentioned sound retarded, and I can tell that even without visiting them
    To live, you have to lie

  17. #15
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,691
    Thanks
    3,763
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

    Wow, heavy drama.

  18. #16
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dawkins bull terrier View Post
    Lets agree to disagree on this one, dont think anyone deserves to be banned for simply name calling. Anyway, as i still have had no replys to my first question of any decent iPhone-Cydia news sites, maybe u could actualy answer that for me instead of telling me im promoting a site i rarely use.
    He got banned for previous infractions not related to me , but ok, sites...hmmm I use this site, macrumors , iPodtouchforum engadget. That's just to name a few of sites that don't promote piracy and have updates to cool iPhone related things...cydia related would have to be this one tho...
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-24-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  19. #17
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,005
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    The ones I check the most are wired, macrumors, and here. Here has always had the latest on the jailbreaking scene over the years. But the other random iphone news sometimes comes to macrumors or wired or tauw then here.

  20. #18
    apatia z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    yup yup
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  21. #19
    iPhoneaholic Sailor-girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Basicly I only use two sites pertaining to Iphones, this site is by far the best, in my opinion, I would say that iClarified is my second choice for news and guides!

    When I got my Iphone I had no idea what to expect other than my son said they were great!

    As far as jailbreaking I had no idea what it was about!

    I did some googleing and I ended up here and I am greatful!

    Also greatful that my Iphone was 3gs 32gig old bootrom and I have shsh's for 3.0,3.1,3.1.2,and 3.1.3 saved on Cydia, and on my computer, and yes I was one of the lucky ones on the 3.0

    I have learned a lot and try to help if I can, not supersmart I just read a lot!

    There are guides here to do anything, but fix "I accidently upgraded to 3.1.3 am I screwed"

    I am sure they are other but this is MY Two
    Great answer thanks mate. (By the way i accidently upgraded to 3.1.3 and there is a way to jailbreak with redsn0w) I have done so and would never own an un jailbroken iphone.

    Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I think you're wrong and this is the only decent one. Those sites you mentioned sound retarded, and I can tell that even without visiting them
    "Those sites you mentioned sound retarded, and I can tell that even without visiting them"...................Your an idiot, your obviously the type of person who judges a book by its cover, do u also judge a person by the colour of their skin? How on earth u can say something is retarded without looking is plain dumb. and to use the word retarded in anycase is just wrong, people with disabilitys should have the same rights as us without name calling.
    Last edited by Sailor-girl; 04-25-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life redcard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotchland
    Posts
    2,143
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 204 Times in 184 Posts

    Don't talk to me about disabilities. You have no idea what issues I have.

    You can't even spell the word. You idiot.
    To live, you have to lie

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts