+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G "23 error" & "1600 Error" & other

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Depending on how I compile my custom firmware, I get these 2 messages. Error 23 & 1600. My issue.. It boots to the Apple logo and then turns off.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3G "23 error" & "1600 Error" & other
    Hi,
    Depending on how I compile my custom firmware, I get these 2 messages. Error 23 & 1600.

My issue..
    It boots to the Apple logo and then turns off.
    It will not turn on just using the power button, it needs for the USB to be plugged in for power.

secondly,
    Once it gets plugged in, it shows the apple logo, then turns off.
    I am able to get it to go into restore mode, and DFU mode.

Also,
    Most of the firmware I tried does not show anything on the screen. The only firmware that turn the screen white is iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw

I am not sure what could be done at this point, but if someone could guide me to successfully fix this, I will send them a paypal payment.

Thanks

Thanks

I had pretty much the same problem with my 2G iPhone, I'm pretty sure the error 23 is Hardware damage. Have you dropped the phone recently or got it wet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just bought the iphone thinking I may be able to fix it.
    Honestly I am not sure what happened to it, but if anyone could help me fix it via this forum I will surely paypal them some money.

It is weird how there is one firmware that actually brings up a white screen, while the other firmware do not.

It does not look as if it were wet, nor dropped.

Thank you for the reply.

Thanks

I know how that feels, I went through the exact same thing, Got an iPhone cheap thinking I can fix it but no joy. The best thing to do right now is to determine whether your phone is water damaged or not. Restore the firmware that gives the white screen, when the screen is white look inside the headphone jack and if it is water damaged of any kind the light will be pinkish red, if it hasn't been water damaged it'll be white.