+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IMEI lookup through serial number?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys/gals I'm wondering if there is a way to reverse lookup an IMEI number for a particular iPhone 3G[S] serial number. Background, iPhone was sold on eBay. Shipped to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default IMEI lookup through serial number?
    Hey guys/gals

I'm wondering if there is a way to reverse lookup an IMEI number for a particular iPhone 3G[S] serial number.

Background, iPhone was sold on eBay. Shipped to Canada.

Guy claims he never got it, paypal rules in his favor because I have no proof it was delivered.

I have serial number, but not IMEI number.

I know what cell service he is using because I set the iPhone up for him (AP settings), I need to know the IMEI number so I can call the known provider and see if the phone is currently on the network, thus proving he did in fact receive the phone.

Does anyone know if this can be done, or any other ideas to prove the phone is in use?

Thanks
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Even if you could the provider legally cannot tell you if it is on the network or not. Well here they can't not sure about Canada. This is why I always ship with a tracking number, to many low lives on ebay to scam you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm finding this out the hard way, I guess it wont hurt to find out... I mean 600 bucks down the drain kinda sucks and is worth fighting for.