+ Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How Do I Free Up Extra Memory?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I got an iphone 2G running 3.1.2... and I want to know how I can free extra memory on it. I read about something called "repeat memory free". Its a
...
  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone koolx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default How Do I Free Up Extra Memory?
    I got an iphone 2G running 3.1.2... and I want to know how I can free extra memory on it. I read about something called "repeat memory free". Its a script that frees memory constantly. Does this work and is it safe? Will this mess with Cydia? Where can I get it?

    .

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life ajl917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,934
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 275 Times in 211 Posts

    When you say memory, do you mean the RAM the phone has? On my 3G, I only have about 17MB of memory free (enabled that feature with SBSettings), I can open up SBSettings and using the Processes feature, I can use that to free up some space. Is that what you were talking about?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts

    ajl probably gave you the solution. another way to do this is to be AT the homescreen, and
    hold down the sleep button until it says "slide to power off" but do not power off.
    then hold the home button down until it disappears.

    ^ (this is also how you force-quit an app, but it frees up memory as well)
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone koolx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    ajl probably gave you the solution. another way to do this is to be AT the homescreen, and
    hold down the sleep button until it says "slide to power off" but do not power off.
    then hold the home button down until it disappears.

    ^ (this is also how you force-quit an app, but it frees up memory as well)
    ForumSnoBorderRK, what I want is to free up as much memory as possible to reduce battery drain. I read somewhere that there's a script that automatically frees memroy without having to manually use the 'free memory' feature on SBSettings all the time. There are 2 links to this:

    Repeating memory free

    and

    Repeat Memory Free has grown up

    Let me know what you thinks. Thanks.

    .

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by koolx View Post
    ForumSnoBorderRK, what I want is to free up as much memory as possible to reduce battery drain. I read somewhere that there's a script that automatically frees memroy without having to manually use the 'free memory' feature on SBSettings all the time. There are 2 links to this:

    Repeating memory free

    and

    Repeat Memory Free has grown up

    Let me know what you thinks. Thanks.

    .
    ah, sorry bud i have never seen or done that before. You would probably need to SSH script into certain files on your iPhone. couldnt exactly help you out there since im not jailbroken and i cant try it myself.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone koolx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    ah, sorry bud i have never seen or done that before. You would probably need to SSH script into certain files on your iPhone. couldnt exactly help you out there since im not jailbroken and i cant try it myself.
    No prob... thanks anyway.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts