+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded To 3.1.2 And Something Seems Different...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i just upgraded my 3G (jailbroken/unlocked on t-mobile) from 3.0 to 3.1.2 and noticed something really really odd...every prior version of iPhone's OS allowed me to view my POP3 emails
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Why Are Emails Removed From iPhone When I Open Windows Mail?
    i just upgraded my 3G (jailbroken/unlocked on t-mobile) from 3.0 to 3.1.2 and noticed something really really odd...every prior version of iPhone's OS allowed me to view my POP3 emails on the phone and then when I would open my Windows Mail on my computer, those emails would appear on my pc as well as remain on my phone. but since upgrading to 3.1.2 I've noticed that I can still receive my POP3 emails on my phone, however when I open up Windows Mail, the emails appear on my pc but then automatically get removed from my iphone. Previously these emails would remain on my phone. Am I missing some setting that allows these emails to remain on my phone even after they've been viewed on my pc?

another thing is that i can no longer delete emails on my phone. if i try, it says "Unable To Move Message. The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash". what's that about?
    Last edited by razor99x; 04-22-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

did you set the phone up as new when you restored, as there is a few weird problems when you restore from back up
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes, i set it up as new. i also have a friend who recently got a 3GS (legit AT&T iPhone unjailbroken) with 3.1.2 and his does the same thing, so I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to work but it just doesn't make any sense that once the emails are viewed on the PC, they then automatically get removed from the iPhone even without syncing!

Come on...I can't be the only person in the world that is experiencing this, am I?

Mods or Admins, if this is posted in the wrong forum, please move it to the proper place so I can get more responses. thanks.

No one else is experiencing this? Really?
    Last edited by razor99x; 04-22-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost