+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone stuck on

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I'm new to the iPhone world (prev a Nokia user). So my friend said I could have his paperweight iPhone 3G since it's stuck at the itunes/usb cable
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iPhone stuck on itunes connect screen
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the iPhone world (prev a Nokia user). So my friend said I could have his paperweight iPhone 3G since it's stuck at the itunes/usb cable screen.

I'm also willing to restore, but my friend told me that the phone is unlocked since he uses T-Mo. I also use the same service, so I'd like to keep it unlocked. I'm assuming he updated to 3.1.2 since he said he doesn't want to update to 3.1.3.

The only things I've tried so far is the reset, and entering DFU mode to get into restore mode. I know that if I restore using 3.1.3 through iTunes, the phone becomes locked.

At this point, what can/should I do? Can I restore using a downloaded 3.1.3 package from this website and will it lock the phone? I'm on Windows 7 and the latest version of iTunes. Attached is a picture of the screen I'm talking about.

Last edited by douflag; 04-16-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added Picture

Thanks

ask your friend dose he save the files on cydia? if do, this will be help... since Apple will not let you restore back to 3.1.2. You have to had the files from Cydia to get it work.
    Do not upgrade to 3.1.3 it cannot be unlock at this time. But you can wait for a few months. The unlock is coming soon.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I ended up giving it back to my friend. Looks like it's back to Nokia for me...at least for now.