Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I Restore????

Default Should I Restore????
    My wifi wasnt picking up any networks so I reset network settings and the Iphone 3GS just kept freezing on the apple logo. So I got it back to the point where it tells me to connect to Itunes and asks me to restore it. Should I restore?

My phone is jailbroken and unlocked so I can use it for Tmobile and it is running 3.1.2 The rest of the information below. It is not a tethered jailbreak and I would love to keep it that way! Am I safe to restore this Iphone or will I risk updating something. Please help!!!

Baseband: 05.11.07
    Bootloader 6.4
    Model MC137

So it just randomly turned on by itself... but then I go to check Wifi and it says No Wifi and is greyed out. So I restart it and wifi is working. This Iphone is definitely screwy... hopefully I won't run into anymore problems. Sorry for the post
    Last edited by tjlamro; 04-14-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can restore as long as its to a custom Pwned FW, not Apple.

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3GS 3.1.2

So if I restored to that I would be all set? I may have to. Although the wifi came back on it takes FOREVER everytime I restart the Iphone. I may just restore and use that firmware above. Or is that not a jailbroken or Custom Pwned FW?

Do you have your SHSH blogs saved on Cydia?

I am not even sure what that means?

Instead of trying to explain it, here's a link.
    The Firmware Umbrella

I'm not sure about the ipsw, but I think what you linked to is just the regular 3.1.2 firmware.

That link is an Apple STOCK FW, no good.

You need a custom FW, which cannot be linked on this forum.