+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITunes Problem with Iphone!!!???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just bought an Iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 The phone came jailbroken... they guy I bought it off did it. So I just had to unlock it with blackra1n so
    iPhone? More like MyPhone tjlamro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default ITunes Problem with Iphone!!!???
    I just bought an Iphone 3GS running 3.1.2 The phone came jailbroken... they guy I bought it off did it. So I just had to unlock it with blackra1n so I can use it on Tmobile. Heres the problem. I am trying to add all my stuff from Itunes on there but when I plug it into Itunes it says this:

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone "iPhone". Go to the Summary tab in Iphone preferences and click Restore to restore this Iphone to factory settings."

Am I really going to have to jailbreak and unlock this thing again or is there something I can do without having to do that? Any ideas? Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

a restore takes like five minutes, and the jailbreak takes like 1 minute. seeing you just got it i dont really see the problem. just make sure to restore with 3.1.2 and you will need to do a ctrl+ shift restore because you do not want to upgrade your baseband
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

iPhone? More like MyPhone tjlamro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Is there a guide to doing this? I have a mac computer. Is there a guide where I can download the correct 3.1.2 so I don't end up having a tethered jailbreak. Right now the jailbreak is not tethered so I just want to make sure I don't ruin that.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant say exactly where to get it, but there is a piratebay around the corner that has lots of cool stuff
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!