+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Apple Logo Of Death, Wont restart

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so i have a problem with a 2G iphone, its only showing the apple logo, wont respond to the reset or enter DFU commands, does not recognise on a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Apple Logo Of Death, Wont restart
    Ok so i have a problem with a 2G iphone, its only showing the apple logo, wont respond to the reset or enter DFU commands, does not recognise on a pc or mac, doesnt make any vibrations, All it does is every 10 minutes or so is flash the screen and go back to the abble logo, if the battery is low it still displays the charging logo, no amount of time pushing home and power will make it reset.

any way around this ? has anyone seen this before ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ive seen the extremely long boot time on the iphone before which is a common problem with some startup apps causing the phone to reboot the startup process, however ive never heared of the problem with the phone refusing to go into DFU mode. Are you sure you are trying to get into DFU correctly as this is hardcoded into the iphones boot process. (try
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I]YouTube - How To: iPhone DFU Mode - MacComm.tv[/ame]
    <one of the many DFU videos on youtube) from here you should be able to restore correctly.

As previously said the DFU entry process is hardcoded in so unless the phone refuses to turn on or the home or power button's are broken then this has to work.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rex