+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost Cydia

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey I'm new at jailbreaking, having only been broken for about a week. This morning Cydia crashed while I was adding a new source and it sent my iphone into
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Lost Cydia
    Hey I'm new at jailbreaking, having only been broken for about a week. This morning Cydia crashed while I was adding a new source and it sent my iphone into a reboot. Now everything works fine except I can no longer access Cydia! It opens and states "loading Data" but turns off before the Cydia home page comes up. Any suggestions? I have an newer Iphone 3G with 3.1.3 fw that I used redsnow to jailbreak. Please help, i'm not done playin with Cydia yet!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

most likely you'll have to restore, and rejailbreak. if cydia isn't working, im afraid its probably corrupt and you cant exactly fix it without restoring. Good luck.

Matt

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You need to delete all the files in the folder /var/lib/apt/lists/ - do not delete the partial folder inside it.

Reboot and try launching Cydia again. If that doesn't work, post back here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i just deleted all those files and am re-booting.... attempting Cydia... and...still nothing. screen opens and closes within seconds.

i'll hold off restoring and re jailbreaking for a bit in hopes that maybe there is a simpler way you may know of. thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Riccan717; 04-10-2010 at 12:12 PM.