+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[S] is 3.1.3 JB Possible? or Dev Team planning on OS 4.0?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok... I'm not asking when is 3.1.3 JB is available ... well ok I am. BUT the question is, are the dev team going to develop a JB for 3.1.3?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 3G[S] is 3.1.3 JB Possible? or Dev Team planning on OS 4.0?
    ok... I'm not asking when is 3.1.3 JB is available
    ... well ok I am.
    BUT the question is, are the dev team going to develop a JB for 3.1.3?please don't say there's already one cuz it's not really an official JB since 95% of ppl can't performs it.
    since apple announcing os 4.0 will be ship out summer this year
    is there really a point? of JB 3.1.3

BTW JB iphone 3GS 3.1.3 with updated hardware is nearly impossible, not just microwaving popcorn.
    ANyway relates to os 4.0? it's going to be free right? Stupid question but isn't just an update like u would normally do for os 3.1.2 to 3.1.3?
    since steve JOB uses the word "ships" it makes me wonder.
    -------------------------------
    Aside from the topic... did anyone ever try to fake up a reason and return your iphone 3gs with a new one that has version 3.1.2?
    Imma call the closest apple store and ask if I can do it LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There will not be a JB for 3.1.3. It is a waste of time and effort with OS 4.0 just around the corner. Why would you release a JB when you know the OS is being updated?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iOsiris View Post
    There will not be a JB for 3.1.3. It is a waste of time and effort with OS 4.0 just around the corner. Why would you release a JB when you know the OS is being updated?
    Maybe because there are thousands of people blocked at it? No offense, it's just my opinion. What will happen with those people? Will they be able to upgrade it to the new OS and after this JB and unlock?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmmmm... Yes the most modern device will have the capaBilties to download os 4 ... N it'll be alrite if there's a jb for os 4 . Older device are not available for upgrade but they are easy to downgrade... As for myself I would really hope they would just focus on jb iPhone os4 unless jb 3.1.3 is a piece of cake but I doubt it. I don't really care but the thing is i want themes n mods. I wouldn't mind paying for the Apps in app store so pls I heard developer can take a look at OS4 now so dev team pls figure out a way to jb it as soon as it comes out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustin4vn View Post
    Hmmmm... Yes the most modern device will have the capaBilties to download os 4 ...
    Hi dustin4vn, what you mean by most modern devices? 3GS with MC models?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CiZsolt View Post
    Maybe because there are thousands of people blocked at it? No offense, it's just my opinion. What will happen with those people? Will they be able to upgrade it to the new OS and after this JB and unlock?
    That's the idea!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Isn't there a slight possibility that if/when the jailbreak for 4.0 comes out that is might use the same hole that was found in 3.1.3. So the jailbreak might work for both. That's probably the hope most of the people are wondering, wanting, and waiting for.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I mislead u it doesn't matter if it is mc or not it will be available for 3g and 3gs n iPod 3g and maybe I pod 2g but i think just all the 3g version check the apple event for details... I hardly doubt anyone still have iPhone 2g so no worry... But experience on 3g phone will not be as good as iPhone 3gs . Like some feature not necessary will be remove to preserve optimization of the system