+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded 2g from 2.1 to 3.12 now Apple Apps don't work

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi,1st Post. Since I unlocked and Jailbroke my Iphone 2g,1st from Pawnage tool to 2.1,and the to 3.12 and Blackrain with Cydia and Rocks both Installed ,All of the Apple
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Upgraded 2g from 2.1 to 3.12 now Apple Apps don't work
    Hi,1st Post. Since I unlocked and Jailbroke my Iphone 2g,1st from Pawnage tool to 2.1,and the to 3.12 and Blackrain with Cydia and Rocks both Installed ,All of the Apple Apps don't work anymore.When they are selected the screen flashes to whatever I have selected for about 1 second and then goes right back to the Home Screen with the Program Icons where I started. The Apps are as simple as Flashlight .I have uninstalled them and reinstalled them.I have actually deleted the App Downloads and reinstalled them with still no luck.All of these worked fine before I went to 3.12/Blackrain. I have even tried to download other simple Programs all with the same result. ny apps downloaded though Cydia or Rocks still work and new one works as well,Strictly the Apple Store Apps both Free and Paid.Any Ideas,Thanks,Vegas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem when I upgraded the 2g from 3.0 to 3.12. A search revealed nothing that helped. The only thing that worked was to reset to factory settings, then re-jailbreak and restore. g/l

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I need to use itunes and reload 3.12? Then I again use Blackrain to unlock or no? I just loaded 3.12 yesterday and the Apps were reinstalled both from backup,then when they didn't work redownloaded,reinstalled onto fresh load of 3.12.Is it that 3.12 did not flash properly,why will redoing the same thing I just did make any difference.I dont want to take a chance on bricking the phone.If i uninstall Blackrain would that make any difference as long as I leave Cydia on there?

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread should have been created in the General iPhone Chat area... not the game area... please make not of it.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    A reset to factory settings shouldn't brick your phone (mine didn't). The reset will give you a clean slate and all you need to do is restore and re-jailbreak. You can go about wasting your time trying a bunch of stuff...only to find out it didn't work (I sure did). I'm just letting you know what worked for me after trying everything.