+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WiFi dead?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hardware and software: Original EDGE iPhone running 3.0, jailbroken PdaNet v 1.53 MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB Ram, running OS X 10.5.8 I have successfully tethered
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default WiFi dead?
    Hardware and software: Original EDGE iPhone running 3.0, jailbroken

PdaNet v 1.53

MacBook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB Ram, running OS X 10.5.8

I have successfully tethered using PdaNet for some time now. Today, all of a sudden, the iPhone will not keep the connection to the WiFi network I set up on the MacBook.

The iPhone will lose the connection to the WiFi network, then when it scans again and I attempt to join the network I set up on the MacBook, I get the "unable to join" dialog box. If I turn WiFi off and back on on the iPhone, it gets hung in "scanning for networks" mode and will not find the network I created.

I've restarted the MacBook, and rebooted the iPhone several times. For some reason it will not stay connected to the network longer than a few minutes and will not reconnect. After rebooting the iPhone and creating a new WiFi peer-to-peer network, I can attach to the new network but the problem repeats itself.

Any idea what I'm dealing with here? I suspect a problem with the iPhone rather than the MacBook but not sure if it's a hardware or software issue. Suggestions on fixing this are appreciated.

Addendum -- the iPhone does the same thing with my home WiFi network. A restore in iTunes wants to download and install the latest software (3.1.3) for which there is no jailbreak yet. And I need PdaNet. Ideas on how to restore without upgrading the iPhone software?
    Last edited by hbelkins; 04-05-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost