+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: phone won't boot up

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
last night i went to unlock my 16gb jailbroken 3GS and it freezes. i tried to do a hard reset by holding both the home and power button. it turned
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default phone won't boot up
    last night i went to unlock my 16gb jailbroken 3GS and it freezes. i tried to do a hard reset by holding both the home and power button. it turned off.

now when i try to turn it back on it never goes past the apple logo screen. i tried plugging it in to itunes but it wont recognize i have it since it wont fully power on...

what do i do?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Just a crazy suggestion but have you tried cleaning the terminals on the docking port?

My phone got into this weird reboot loop a while back, wouldnt stay in sleep mode for more than a minute, would then wake up on it's own. If I tried to shut the phone down it would restart by itself.

I cleaned the terminals really good using this stuff called DeoxIT. Phone works like normal now. I suppose alcohol would work too but DeoxIT is electronics specific.

Just a suggestion...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    you have the white apple of death

To restore go into DFU mode (google the instruction) and restore with itunes. (this will upgrade you to a unjailbreakable 3.1.3) if that fails, to the apple store (they might not fix it if they detect jailbreak, but they probably won't so it's worth a shot)

before you go on, wait for at least one person to like backup my post as this happened to me last time a few months ago and maybe there have been developments.