+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Newbie's Iphone has no service

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an Iphone 3G. I am living in South Africa and had purchased my phone in the US, so I had it unlocked. Somehow it became frozen and I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP! Newbie's Iphone has no service
    I have an Iphone 3G. I am living in South Africa and had purchased my phone in the US, so I had it unlocked. Somehow it became frozen and I couldn't get it do anything so I tried to restore it to 3.1.2.

I went to download it, but it was saying it would take 65 minutes (the internet here is pretty crappy,) so I went to an Apple Store, just to get the Iphone restore ipsw. They gave me 3.1.2 so I don't know how I upgraded my baseband, but I did. It is now 05.12.01. As much as that sucks it is not my main problem. I know that I cannot downgrade or unlock at this point and have to wait patiently until some genius releases an unlock.

When I restored, I didn't know I had upgraded my baseband, and when it was done I jailbroke with blackra1n. When it was finished it was jailbroken, but I had no service. It would sometimes show one bar and sometimes show nothing, but there has not been any service carrier logo/was never able to make/receive calls.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the jailbrake, so I tried to restore again and not jailbrake, just so I could use my AT&T sim card. When I tried to restore again I got error 1015 and then it goes back into restore mode. The only way I've seen to get out is to jailbrake again (I've tried blackra1n and redsn0w) and I come back to the same no service problem.

I feel like I have rambled excessively, but I wanted you to have all the info available.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

put into DFU mode and restore. you can try takeing the SIM card out and put back in i find i have to do that every ounce and a while, also try refreashing network settings
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!