Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Constant Springboard Crashing Problem

Unhappy Constant Springboard Crashing Problem
    I opened up Cydia earlier today and upgraded a few files:

apt7-lib
    com.ashman.lockinfotwitter.list
    veency.list
    jp.ashikase.mousesupport.list
    openssh.extrainst_
    openssh.prerm

And now it goes into a constant crash cycle, each time I reboot the device it says that the springboard has crashed and so I respring it and it just repeats. I've tried unistalling veency and it's assosiated files but that made no difference. As far as I can tell it could be related to the update to apt7-lib however I tried downloading apt7-lib_0.7.25.3-7_iphoneos-arm.deb (which is the prior version) and put it in the /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall folder and re-booted but still nothing changed.

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix this cause I don't want to have to restore my device and run into the same problem later on.

Thanks

DONT restore, all u have to do is hold the power button and home button until the screen goes black and then turns back on, it's called a (reboot) for future reference

Or delete everything u have installed in the last couple of days, don't forget to remember what I r deleting though
    Last edited by indyracer05; 04-02-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    DONT restore, all u have to do is hold the power button and home button until the screen goes black and then turns back on, it's called a (reboot) for future reference

Or delete everything u have installed in the last couple of days, don't forget to remember what I r deleting though

I've already re-booted many times and I can't delete the apt7-lib because it will unstall Cydia itself.

The same happend to me 2 days ago.
    Is your Lockinfo up-to-date?
    I was reluctant to update LI but had to after some recent updates.
    I used Rock Extentions to find out what was causing the constant crashing into safe mode.
    I disabled all add-ons and enabled them one by one until it crashed again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wim66 For This Useful Post:

SamBraidley (04-03-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    I used Rock Extentions to find out what was causing the constant crashing into safe mode.
    No I'm a bit reluctant to update it but I'll try it now and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    Thanks just upgraded to the latest version and it worked! Thanks so much you saved me a lot of hours of stressing and work.
    Last edited by SamBraidley; 04-03-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello. Not sure exactly what caused this problem but when I go to put in my password for the AppStore updates after I input the first letter the pop up keyboard vanishes and I can't get it back so ofcourse I cancel and repeat to to avail. Any ideas what I can do? Thx