+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone please help me out?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Got this ad in my mailbox this morning. I'm consoled that even though I can't unlock my 3Gs (that replaced the one I dropped in the crapper), for 1K I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Can someone please help me out?
    Got this ad in my mailbox this morning. I'm consoled that even though I can't unlock my 3Gs (that replaced the one I dropped in the crapper), for 1K I can get a new unlocked iPhone? Seriously? This sucks... If they're selling unlocked iphones, can't figure some way to unlock ours? Anyway here's the link: Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB Never Locked GSM Phone (OEM) at CircuitCity.com
    hopefully posting this is not a rule violation:-/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

There are factory unlocked iPhones. In the United states Apple has an aggrement with one carrier and that is ATT. Also in the states it is not a law, yet, to make phones unlocked for all carriers. Many countries the companies have to make phones unlocked because it promotes fair game.

The reason we can't unlock or don't have it yet is because someone has to exploit the code to unlock it. Where as Apple can just send a code to unlock it. So we have the hard end of the deal.