+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need help recovering my backup of sms and contacts and stuff

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so i JUST restored. I backed up my sms and everything. i clicked on set up as new iphone. NOW when i go to itunes and click my iphone,
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default i need help recovering my backup of sms and contacts and stuff
    Ok so i JUST restored. I backed up my sms and everything. i clicked on set up as new iphone. NOW when i go to itunes and click my iphone, i can only restore to a backup that was 2 months ago. But when i browse to my backup data in mobilesync folder, i see 2 backups. One is the one i backuped up before i restored and one says the date of the one that was synced 2 months ago. I want the most recent one but its not showing up for some reason. Can you help me?

P.S. I dont remember but would it make a difference if i HAD the Firmware 3.1.3 spoof thing on my iphone. I remember I removed it and my phone was acting slow upon clicking on an icon. i have a 3g S by the way. I removed it before i backed up my phone

Edit 1: So i installed the firmeware spoof and when i restore my phone and it has the option to choose from set up as new or restore from backup, i cant because it says my software version is too old even though i spoofed it to 3.1.3. Is there any way to read the sms off the backup and put it back on my iphone?
    Last edited by sami4021; 03-29-2010 at 04:00 PM.