+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My friend got his phone stolen. He ended up getting it back from a cab driver but it is DISABLED! I have found out that I can restore it with
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Please help
    My friend got his phone stolen. He ended up getting it back from a cab driver but it is DISABLED! I have found out that I can restore it with itunes but it says to 3.1.3 and then it would be locked. How can i restore it to 3.1.2? He didnt have it unnlocked/jailbroken and its an older model 2g 8gb. Thank you for your replies

Can anyone help out on my situation? I swear that this is not a stolen phone!! I know that all too often this problem comes up and it is a stolen phone but that is not the case here. I am trying to help out a friend in need. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by Newiphone27; 03-29-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

All you have to do is place the phone into DFU mode and hold down the "shift" key while pressing "restore". It will give you the option of choosing the .ipsw file you wanna use, choose 3.1.2, of course you will have to have 3.1.2 on your PC.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thank you cpjr, your response is greatly appreciate. I am new at this but learning fast. Where do i get 3.1.2? Just google and download? Also, once the file is on my computer the itunes will recognize this when i hold shift and restore?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,533 Times in 5,851 Posts

Try here. And yes, once you have the phone in DFU mode iTunes will see it, then hold shift, click restore, point to the 3.1.2 firmware.
    IPhone Firmware Download Links - ModMyi - Wiki

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^What the chick said....

Green Apple
    Thanks
    OK well im really close now but I have encountered new problems. When i DL the firmware and extract files my pc tells me that there is a problem preventing me from encrypting files. It stil DL but now when i go to open the restore folder with itunes open there isnt anything there. Also, i called my friend to verify what OS he was on and he says he thinks the newest but now sure! It is 1st gen 8gb. Will this matter? Am i going to have to try and restore with every firmware til I find the right one?