+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Post Your Specific RETURN/EXCHANGE Issues

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey All, I'm still lovin' the phone while being realistic about its imperfections. I also think (as P_F said) that most issues could be addressed with simple firmware updates, and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Post Your Specific RETURN/EXCHANGE Issues
    Hey All,

I'm still lovin' the phone while being realistic about its imperfections. I also think (as P_F said) that most issues could be addressed with simple firmware updates, and I think they're minor. It's still impressive that it does almost everything else SO smoothly in its first generation model.

So I'm trying to figure out if my battery life is "normal". I see that some of you guys have returned or exchanged your phones. Can you please post what specifically are the problems that Apple feels will warrant that?

Also, when charging (through my Mac only), my iphone randomly "kicks out" of charging mode without any apparent reason (computer didn't sleep or execute any functions). Has anyone else had this problem?

What kind of battery life are you all getting per charge? How long does it take your phone to fully charge? What are the exact issues with the battery?

Any other issues that got you a return/exchange? Thanks for posting...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

My battery can typically go "all day", and by that I mean from around 9 until 2 or 3 in the morning. By then it still has a charge, so I assume I could go halfway into the next day. Which is more than fine for me - I'm cool with the phone if it can keep up with me all day. The USB charging makes it really easy to find a place to charge if I DO wind up skipping a night on the charger.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

i have my iphone fully charged when i leave my house around 7:30AM, i dont realy received a lot of calls and i usually use the internet just to check my email on hotmail but i notice that when i browse the internet or if i go search and watch videos on youtube i can see my battery draining alot. On the other hand when i watch movies on the phone i can watch an entire movie without major battery issues like if i were browsing online. Would you guys say i have a battery issue? Oh one other thing i noticed, when my phone says BATTERY running low and it gives me a 20% if i keep using the phone that 20% last me only like 5 minutes and it dies, on the other hand if it says 20% and i dont touch it anymore it can go all night without charging....WTF!!!!
    ROBERT

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

The EDGE connection is what takes up the battery life the quickest. If you're watching a movie, you're not on the network, other than simple checks. When you're doing YouTube, browsing, etc, you're connected to EDGE the whole time, and raping your battery. You should be able to use WiFi and see a much smaller battery drain, but EDGE will always do that.

Thanks

PF, thanks i did not know that EDGE does that, i been too lazy to set up my WiFi at home.
    ROBERT

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, set it up. Its also WAY faster.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Too lazy? you have been using EDGE when you can be using WiFi? your crazy not lazy.

Thanks

well let me see, i wake up at 5am and start my morning run, then i go to work at 730am and get out at 5pm, then i go to school at 6pm to 11pm and well yeah, IM LAZY.
    ROBERT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Okay guys, thanks for your battery info. Mine took 5 to 5 1/2 hours to charge last night, then I had it on since morning (~9AM-11AM) and it died at 1:30 AM (I purposely drained the last part of it). Yeah, my battery runs down fast after the 20% warning even if I don't use Edge and have pretty meiser-ly power efficient settings as per Apple. That warnign is a joke.

I connect to WiFi whenever I can (and that has issues) and still don't get great battery life. It did look like the 3D battery graphic in the charging mode was 100% full (no sliver of dead battery left) but I didn't get that "glow" I've seen & read about. I'm attempting to charge it now with the power off & see what happens, how it reacts, if it charges faster, etc. How long does it take you guys to fully charge your battery? Do you get the "Glow"or the Glitch?

So... has anybody successfully RETURN/EXCHANGE their iPhone yet?? What exactly did it take for that to happen?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am struggling to figure out how to get hotmail on my iphone.can you help?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

You can go to Hotmail.com from Safari, if you want to view it in your mail, you can use izymail.com.