+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Just Got An Iphone 3GS

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok I just got and iPhone 3gs and I don't have a At&t account so when I turn it on for the first time I know I will just get
    Thanks

Default Need Help Just Got An Iphone 3GS
    Ok I just got and iPhone 3gs and I don't have a At&t account so when I turn it on for the first time I know I will just get the "Sync to iTunes" thing, but I can't set it up to iTunes because I don't own a At&t account...so how can I activate/sync it to iTunes without having an At&t account...Is there a guide or something can somebody help me out please

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Was it brand new or did you get it off ebay or something?

Thanks

Yea brand new and when I turn it on I get the sync to itunes thing but I don't have a att account to set it up to itunes

Thanks

Right now there is no unlock or jailbreak for the new 3gs. So you are out of luck till it gets jailbroke/unlocked.

Thanks

No let me clarify I have an att account and a samsung solstice registered with the account but I don't want to register the iphone because I'm not eleigible for a upgrade or want to add a new line so is there a way to register it with itunes without having to register it with my account and just pop in my existing sim card after I activate it without the account thing

Thanks

Oh, it wont add a line or upgrade your account. It will just put the iphone data on there. Activating just verifies you have the ATT sim in it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

If you just put in any SIM card regardless of carrier or service than it will try to activate it and give you access to all the other content on the phone, iPod photos ect. than you can take out the SIM and use it as an iPod touch until you are eligible for an upgrade.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

But can't I just use the phone regardless...I mean if I put in the sim like you said and it will give me all the features...how will att know im using the iphone instaed of my registered phone...can't I just use my sim inside the iphone on the current phone plan and just not tell att that im using the iphone instead of my current phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

No, your not getting it. The aim was not to use it as a phone but as an iPod, than when you have an update available you can use it as a phone. But and iPod is better than nothing in the mean time.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here