+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery/Charging problems

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello 2 weeks ago I had problems with my 8 months old 3Gs the battery died quickly out of a sudden for 2 times then it refused to charge at
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Battery/Charging problems
    Hello
    2 weeks ago I had problems with my 8 months old 3Gs the battery died quickly out of a sudden for 2 times then it refused to charge at all.

I sent the phone to another repair shop 10 days ago and I got it back today.

They said that they had to change some IC and the battery and they also said that they tried the phone for 2 days and it was working OK.

I asked about the reason for that problem and they told me that it seems that the phone fall into some liquid....I'm 100% sure that it didn't however humidity here is very high, could it be it ?

I took the phone home and during my journey back home the battery % showed unusual behavior sometime it's on 18% then 7% then 5% then 12% then 6& and so on.

I arrived home and tried to charge it it shows the battery indicator with a mark over it that tells that the phone is connected ( like a plug or something ) while another iphone that belongs to a colleague shows the thunder mark while being charged.

both are 3GS, mine is running OS 3.0 and his is running 3.1.2

Any ideas or hints in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Didn't you already post this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Effenpig! View Post
    Didn't you already post this?
    I already posted part of it before the repair, now what happened after the repair still needs clarification.

Thanks

I was referring to the fact that you have two threads going with the exact same post. I replied on the other one and then saw this one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

got your point & sorry for the duplication

My questions again:

1- Can humidity affect the phone in such way ?
    2- Why does the phone show a battery with a plug icon when put into charge instead of the battery with a thunder icon as usual, and it does not charge ?