Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Needing help regarding springboard.plist

Thanks

Default Needing help regarding springboard.plist
    Good day to everyone:
    I downloaded the "movement app" so I could be able to move my icons from the computer, so I noticed that Movement app just supports 11 SB pages, no worries there, I figured out a way to just have those 11 pages. (since I like to keep everything category-based).
    Alright so there I was moving apps around and it was all fun and games, I sorted my applications and click on the Write apps, program asked me to backup the springboard.plist, which I did. (The program messes with the springoboard.plist)

Then after the reboot, the phone was not able to turn on properly, as soon as the wallpaper appeared the phone restarted and I continue seeing the apple logo and then it goes on and on.

I can access the phone files with iphone-explorer and i have like 3 or 4 minutes before the system restarts, so thinking ahead I uploaded the backup to System/Library/LaunchDaemons> and still the phone restarts. Then on another page I saw that therere is also a sb.plist on /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist and I placed it there and still no luck.

Any ideas not involving a restore?

Thanks and regards!

Edit:
    Forgot to mention:
    I got an iPhone 3G with 3.1.2 FW

Anyone?
    Last edited by VeNoMmx; 03-27-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Jeez, no telling where you are right now. Can you do a clean restore and start from there? I am not familiar with the Movement app, since moving the icons around on the phone is easy, and if you know about the file structure, you must have ssh access through winscp or some such app.

The file that controls the layout of the springboard is /var/MOBILE/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist, not /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist (Mobile is actually written 'Mobile', not 'MOBILE'; I just capp'd it to highlight). You can edit the file on your computer (plist.exe is a good app for this if you are on a windoze machine-- google it) and then reload it and respring.

If you haven't bolloxed up too much, you could just try modifying the springboad.plist in Mobile to avoid a restore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadomon For This Useful Post:

VeNoMmx (03-28-2010)

Thanks

do you think it will work if i just put a random sprinboard.plist file? a friend of mine's or taken from the web?

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Jeez, no telling where you are right now. Can you do a clean restore and start from there? I am not familiar with the Movement app, since moving the icons around on the phone is easy, and if you know about the file structure, you must have ssh access through winscp or some such app.

The file that controls the layout of the springboard is /var/MOBILE/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist, not /var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist (Mobile is actually written 'Mobile', not 'MOBILE'; I just capp'd it to highlight). You can edit the file on your computer (plist.exe is a good app for this if you are on a windoze machine-- google it) and then reload it and respring.

If you haven't bolloxed up too much, you could just try modifying the springboad.plist in Mobile to avoid a restore.

Thank you very much mate, i just replaced the good springoard on the path you gave me, worked like a charm!!!!

Thanks again lad
    Last edited by VeNoMmx; 03-28-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost