Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone screen black -title bar

Default iPhone screen black -title bar
    I need to reset my phone because for some reason my phone is stuck on a black screen after leaving tweetie 2. I can receive calls, but not answer them as the screen is not responding. The phone syncs with the computer fine, and the clock and top status bar is still working.

Problem now is my power button is broken and has been, so I have been using that (forgive me), "little drop down menu to quick access features so i could reboot my phone", so i cannot manually reset.

SSH is turned on, but I have wifi turned off so I am not sure how to access in.

Any help?

On a mac, iPhone 2G.

EDIT: Also, I am still getting e-mails pushed fine and texts come in, but i do not get a notification alert , just the chime.

EDIT2: The volume rocker and lock features are still functioning and display fine on the screen.
    Last edited by corkey20000; 03-24-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks

Many times the power button on these phones isn't actually broken, it just needs cleaned. You can probably use a proper electronics cleaner to get the power button working and go from there

Mine is completely broken. It has had a weak connection for a bit and it is completely not working now. The button is deep in the phone and not working. Believe me, I had tried cleaning in there, it is a no go.

Anyone? This is a real pain not having a phone right now.
    Last edited by corkey20000; 03-24-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Wait for your iphone to die and than hold the home button when it starts up, however if at any point you find yourself wanting to reset, which you are, a restore never hurts
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Wait for your iphone to die and than hold the home button when it starts up, however if at any point you find yourself wanting to reset, which you are, a restore never hurts
    This is what I did, just threw my day off not having a phone all day.

I plugged her in after she died just now and I am back alive.

The whole time I was like, I have a 3G, but its stuck on the wrong baseband. What a waste.

/rant

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Haha Ok sorry man, but hey at least you phone works now