Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crazy backup Idea

Default Crazy backup Idea
    I had this crazy idea but i dont know if it would work.
    So i wanna rejailbreak my phone bec its just overflowed with hacked apps.
    I have alot of appstore apps downloaded so i would need to re-download them all one by one(not sure if u can download all at once in a bulk)
    So i cant either back up the apps because itunes hates me cauxse i restored my computer countless times so screw itunes, it will just delete all my apps(at least i think it will)
    So y dont i just SSH into my phone and go where the app files r (I think var/mobile/apps)and just copy save them to desktop and then copy them back to the iphone...do u think it will work?

If not do u hav any idea how to back up appstore apps without itunes so i dont hav to download them all one by one again?

Telling you how to backup your itunes apps without itunes could be considered piracy which is against the rules. (I know you own them, but just playing safe with the rules of the forum.)

I thought itunes let you download all your purchased apps at once.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Telling you how to backup your itunes apps without itunes could be considered piracy which is against the rules. (I know you own them, but just playing safe with the rules of the forum.)

I thought itunes let you download all your purchased apps at once.
    no they dont, u gotta download them one at a time. and how could it be considered piracy....
    ok if u cant tell me, but do u hav any other option?

Like I said I am just saying that because it may skirt the forum rules and could be considered it, I know you said you own them but just playing it safe. Because someone would be telling how to copy apps and move them to a computer without iTunes.

I was doing a search and all I can find too are that you have to download them one by one.
    Last edited by Cer0; 03-23-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

why wont it let you sync? as long as you are signed in under the user name you bought them with you should be fine, and if itunes is giving you a hard time id email apple im sure they would be happy to help.. i think lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

all you need to do is open iTunes, go to tools, and authorise computer, type in your email address and password then let it sync,,,, wont delete anything so your golden!
    If I've helped you remember to say