+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Podcasts Won't Delete

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Quick question, hoping someone can shed some light on this: Generally after I listen to a podcast on my iphone, I hook the phone up to itunes and delete the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Podcasts Won't Delete
    Quick question, hoping someone can shed some light on this:

Generally after I listen to a podcast on my iphone, I hook the phone up to itunes and delete the podcast. However sometimes even though itunes says the podcast isn't there (or at least it doesn't show up in itunes) the podcast still shows up on the phone. There doesn't seem to be any way to delete the podcast in itunes because itunes can't see it on the phone. I can delete it on the phone itself, but if I sync the phone or even just add a new podcast- the supposedly deleted podcasts return. I even tried syncing up the podcasts and what not, thinking I could uncheck the podcasts in question, but they don't show up under the list of podcasts on the podcast tab in itunes.

I'm really confused about this- can anyone tell me WHY i can't delete these podcasts from my phone? I enjoyed them at the time but now that I've heard them, I'd kinda like to delete them for good.

Can anyone shed any light on this maybe?

Thanks

Are the podcasts listed when you look at your phone through iTunes or do they exist when you look at your iTunes w/out having your phone plugged in?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't see the podcasts in question when I view the contents of my phone, no. Itunes seems to think these particular podcasts aren't on the phone, but the phone itself says otherwise. I can play them on the phone (which I assume means they're really on there) and I can delete them on the phone, but every time I do that, they immediately come back when I add a new podcast. Confusing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Try signing out of iTunes and than signing back in.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

So are you deleting the podcasts in iTunes? Also, click the plus sign next to the title of the podcast in case you haven't. See if they are there and checked.

Thanks

Delete the podcasts in iTunes and sync, should fix it
    If I've helped you remember to say