Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SITE SUGGESTION] "General iPhone Troubleshooting" Board

Default [SITE SUGGESTION] "General iPhone Troubleshooting" Board
    NOTE: I posted a thread a while back about this in the Site Suggestions board, but it got very little exposure there, so I figure I'd propose the idea here.

Take a look at the "General iPhone Chat" board; a very large portion of the threads are all troubleshooting threads that people seem to post here because there's no other appropriate area on the site. I feel like the "General iPhone Chat" board has become more of a "catch-all" for any issues that aren't carrier specific, about hardware, or related directly to jailbreak tools. Wouldn't the iPhone section of the site be a decent deal more organized if a "Troubleshooting" subforum was created? People with general iPhone issues won't have to clutter up the "General iPhone Chat" board, and anyone with an issue can drop it right in the troubleshooting board where we self-proclaimed "experts" () could sift through them more cleanly.

Don't get me wrong--I love helping people with iPhone issues, and I try to provide solutions all the time, but I just think it would be a little easier (and friendlier) if users had a board just to post their iPhone issues.

Thanks for your consideration, and I'd love to hear comments.

Original thread

Thanks

I agree this would be a good idea and sticky all the walkthroughs/guides for peeps to read
    If I've helped you remember to say

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well, that sorta is what the General Iphone Chat forum is for....being "General iphone questions/discussion" and we have a "Chit-Chat" forum for random "stuff" and just that, chit-chat

And as you already pointed out, we have seperate forums for these areas of discussion:

Jailbreaking
    File mods
    Apps (divided into cydia, appstore, native, etc)
    unlocking
    hardware
    OS