+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone black screen

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my iphone 3gs is stuck at the black screen.i have held down the buttons and nothing.tried to restore to 3.1.2 and itunes says it cant restore.redsnow or blackrain wont work.What
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone black screen
    my iphone 3gs is stuck at the black screen.i have held down the buttons and nothing.tried to restore to 3.1.2 and itunes says it cant restore.redsnow or blackrain wont work.What do i do now.I dont want to have to upgrade to 3.1.3.Please someone help me.

Thanks

Old or new bootloader? (untethered or tethered jailbreak, respectively)

Green Apple
    Thanks

its tethered i guess.(the one where you have to run blackrain to boot up when it powers down.)

Thanks

What were you trying to do that messed it up? When you say you tried to restore to 3.1.2, do you mean that you tried restoring with a custom IPSW? If so, try downloading a fresh 3.1.2 3G S update from the link in my signature and updating with that. (Remember to hold Option (Shift on Windows) while clicking to choose your 3.1.2 IPSW.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had my tmobile card in that i got today and it kept saying unauthorized card or something.anyway it came up with the usb cableon screen,iwent to reboot with blackrain and black screen.i tried restoring with normal and custom firmware that i downloaded and i kept getting error messages 1600,which has something to do with me not having 2.0 usb which i know i do because i have restored before.when doing the normal restore on itunes it kept saying can restore to the requested bootloader or something.I am screwed.Ihave also tried upgrading to3.1.3 and it wont let me.same old 1600 code.Please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Black Screen after jailbreak with Blackra1n.....try hard & soft boot....no matter how it still stuck with black screen after using Blackra1n. Been trying every trick that i can found on the internet...but still doesn't work ...pls help me.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem with my 3g and have not been able to get it to restore to any type of firmware. I even trying a regual restore through Itunes and I get an error message. I'm stuck on what else to do. This all happend after a update from Cydia. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orivera View Post
    I have the same problem with my 3g and have not been able to get it to restore to any type of firmware. I even trying a regual restore through Itunes and I get an error message. I'm stuck on what else to do. This all happend after a update from Cydia. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ok try this, hold down the power button and the home button together for about 20 sec, release both buttons the hold the power button down and see if it reboots phone or maybe go to recovery mode!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can get it to DFU but when I try to restore I get an error message and it will not restore. I have tried every firmware possible and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks for the response

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtuneman View Post
    Black Screen after jailbreak with Blackra1n.....try hard & soft boot....no matter how it still stuck with black screen after using Blackra1n. Been trying every trick that i can found on the internet...but still doesn't work ...pls help me.....
    If you hold down the power and home key at the same time for 20 sec or so phone should turn off then turn the phone and see what you have

Quote Originally Posted by mikeym41240 View Post
    I had my tmobile card in that i got today and it kept saying unauthorized card or something.anyway it came up with the usb cableon screen,iwent to reboot with blackrain and black screen.i tried restoring with normal and custom firmware that i downloaded and i kept getting error messages 1600,which has something to do with me not having 2.0 usb which i know i do because i have restored before.when doing the normal restore on itunes it kept saying can restore to the requested bootloader or something.I am screwed.Ihave also tried upgrading to3.1.3 and it wont let me.same old 1600 code.Please help.
    Do you have shsh stored on Saurik's server aka Cydia?
    Last edited by area51crypto; 05-07-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost