+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Iphone Mail

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Until last week my Iphone's Mail program worked like this - I would open Mail, wait til it refreshes and receive the mail. Later I would download the emails to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Problem with Iphone Mail
    Until last week my Iphone's Mail program worked like this - I would open Mail, wait til it refreshes and receive the mail. Later I would download the emails to my desktop's Outlook and if I opened my Iphone's Mail, the program would refresh and the emails were erased automatically. Like if it was working simultaneously with my mail server.

I had to reconfigure de email account and now the Mail program do not erase the mails automatically. How can I get it to work like before????

It's a POP account and I'm running v3.1.2

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I beleive that POP just downloads the messages from the server, then deletes them. I'm not sure though. I was have the same kind of problem with my earthlink account so I switch to gmail which is imap. Imap does not delete the messages from the server. It will sync what has been done between the places you acces your mail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Iphone's Mail account was like sync to my POP server because everything I'd do to the messages in my server Mail would reflect it. If I erased a message on my server and had Mail to do a refresh, the message would erase in the Iphone. Not anymore. Now it's like it dowloads mails to the Iphone.... It even created a trash icon in the folders screen It was never there. It's pain cuase I have to delete manually each message. :/

My iPhone is a Part of Me Scoops98's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to change your POP settings to leave a copy of he message on the server. That way, any POP email client download the emails and retain a version for other email clients to download. You can also set a time period before they're deleted from the server. Maybe see if you can configure your email via IMAP, so that all your email clients are synchronized.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!