+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird issue with updating

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    Thanks

Default Weird issue with updating
    ok so my 3G is running 3.1.3 smoothly with Blackra1n to jealbreak it as i dont need it unlocking

My fiancée has a 3.1.2 3G that updated to 3.1.3 ,so i figure its the same way about doing it blackra1n and done but for some reason the iphone hangs on a black screen and wont continue, same doing it with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze so im stumped

we got the 3G at the same time i got mine but there is a differance in serials etc

mine:
    3.1.3 (7E18)
    84934E1E***
    MB489B

her's:
    3.1.3 (7E18)
    85942JPT***
    MB489B

so im stuck basically, f0recast says same as mine, JailBreakable = Yes (Always), Unlockable = No, Tethered = No

Any ideas peeps???

anyone have any ideas??

Im going to try Blackra1n again in a bit and see how that goes, the phone itself is up and running just in a non jailbroken state of play (thank lord for her backup on her laptop )
    Last edited by dantehman1; 03-21-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I've helped you remember to say

Thanks

You would first have to downgrade hers to 3.1.2 as none of the current jailbreaking tools can jailbreak official 3.1.3. After that you can use sn0wbreeze or redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 if you'd like.

To downgrade her phone just find A 3.1.2 3g firmware to download, then in iTunes hold shift while you click on restore and browse to where ever you saved the firmware.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 03-21-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I am very surprised that you managed to JB 3.13 with BlackRa1n - I was sure it didn't work.
    Your fiancée can easily JB hers by using RedSn0w 0.92 and the 3.12 ipsw.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

ill get it all on my laptop and give it a shot one evening, just seems bizarre that mine worked so well and hers wont budge

maybe my iPhone is *special* lol
    If I've helped you remember to say