+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to edit a previous "my phone number" in phone book on my iphone 2g unlocked?....

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iphone 2g 8gb unlocked and when i go to the phone book it says "My phone number is: ......" it shows another phone number from the previous
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How to edit a previous "my phone number" in phone book on my iphone 2g unlocked?....
    I have a iphone 2g 8gb unlocked and when i go to the phone book it says "My phone number is: ......" it shows another phone number from the previous owner does anyone know how to edit ths or something? Thanks Thomas

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Go to Settings, Phone, My number and edit it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aneagle View Post
    Go to Settings, Phone, My number and edit it.
    Hmm that simple huh? The seller on ebay couldnt figure out how to delete/edit whatever his number off the phone. I'll try this steps when I get the phone. Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Isn't the phone number read off the SIM? I just got a 2G iPhone off ebay, and it came with a deactivated AT&T SIM in it, and it shows that SIM's phone number.

I can't check if changing it in the settings does anything, cuz the bottom part of the digitizer is dead, so I can't access 7 8 9 or 0.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    Isn't the phone number read off the SIM? I just got a 2G iPhone off ebay, and it came with a deactivated AT&T SIM in it, and it shows that SIM's phone number.

I can't check if changing it in the settings does anything, cuz the bottom part of the digitizer is dead, so I can't access 7 8 9 or 0.
    I know i was thinking that myself maybe he had yes sim card in it still, I'll find out once i egt it and put in my tmbile sim in.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The first time I plug my SIM in, My Phone Number is blank until I want to use MMS and the phone asks me to type the number in order to enable MMS.
    Last edited by aneagle; 03-20-2010 at 09:55 PM.