Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: clean restore.

Default clean restore.
    i want to restore my phone as new but i still want my jailbreak items. i dont want to re-do everything again. i have pkgbackup, aptBackup, and appBackup. will any of these roload all of my mods? if so, how? would i have to install from cydia again before restoring my mods?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

aptbackup creates a list of all cydia packages and saves them when you sync with itunes. just back up, sync,restore jailbreak, run aptbackup again. it should reinstall apps but it dosent save the settings within the apps. didnt you read the instructions on aptBackup..?
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

^ You are right, but pkgbackup does a MUCH better job, backup with them both but try pkgbackup first
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

i have pkgbackup tru podulous. but everytime i go on cydia, theres an error message that podulous is not respondin or something like that. so does that mean i must buy the pkgbackup?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Yes you must buy PKGbackup, if you are somehow unable to do this, use aptbackup
    if you use aptbackup before restoring, back up the /var/mobile/library/preferences and than put that folder back into the iPod once it's restored