Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone disabled for 239844839 minutes

Default iphone disabled for 239844839 minutes
    I've been reading up on this for quite sometime, and there were VERY few threads (that I could find) on here about this.

Generally the most used answer is to DFU and restore. My question is--assuming the impossible hasn't happened and there is no way to bypass this screen and get back to the password screen or better yet, the homescreen-- is there any software that allows you to at least browse/access the files from inside the phone? Being that the phone in question is locked and wifi is not activated, I don't see how SSH is possible. But are there any programs (be they windows OR mac) that allow file access while the phone is in this state?

Or, worst a full (and file-erasing) restore the ONLY option?

download ifunbox (google it) and plug in your device and run ifunbox
    hopefully you jailbroke, and hopefully you didnt use blackra1n

can't you connect to itunes and have it un-disabled? Or is this not your phone?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    can't you connect to itunes and have it un-disabled? Or is this not your phone?

gf found it. sure i can restore and that's that.........but just think. what if it belongs to a hot chick who's taken some sexy photos of herself?

or worse yet......naked pictures of her boyfriend? yeah....i think i'll go with restore

why not just return it to the owner?

Sheffield, UK

eh dear, that will be getting barred shortly me thinks
    If I've helped you remember to say

Quote Originally Posted by lfc_ View Post
    why not just return it to the owner?

I don't see how. It's a jailbroken 1st gen, so there's no telling if the serial is even linked to the right person. Plus, since it's locked i can't even do an activation-screen bypass (that i know of) or a password attempt. She and I both have our own 3Gs's so I've got no need for it.

And if i restore and delete all the info, THEN how could I even locate an owner?

just wait for 239844839 minutes and check the contacts group lol nah i dont know. take out the sim card and bring it to the network its on, and they should be able to track the number to the person.. maybe

Before you decide to restore... Think about karma... =P

no signature links or spam.... only warning