+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone virus,...someone please help!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my 3gs got a virus the other day, wiped out all my app store apps and gave me a "warning no more disk space available" even when trying to hook
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone virus,...someone please help!
    my 3gs got a virus the other day, wiped out all my app store apps and gave me a "warning no more disk space available" even when trying to hook up the phone to my laptop, itunes gave me the same no memory available....so i restored the phone, and it forced 3.1.3 update :*( is there anyway i can revert back to 3.1.2? im stuck with orignal looking, acting iPhone now...and im not happy lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It probably wasn't a virus. Rock messed up a lot of phones the other day, and there are fixes posted for it that don't require restore. Guess it's too late now though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    It probably wasn't a virus. Rock messed up a lot of phones the other day, and there are fixes posted for it that don't require restore. Guess it's too late now though.
    ahhh no kiddin .....that stinks man! n theres no way to go back to 3.1.2 huh?

Thanks

depending if your GS has the new bootloader or not,,,,,,, possibly
    If I've helped you remember to say

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There is a way, but it doesn't work for all 3G[S]'s. Here are the basics Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) But like I said, doesn't work for all. Give it a shot; if it works awesome, if not no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by dantehman1 View Post
    depending if your GS has the new bootloader or not,,,,,,, possibly
    iBoot version has nothing to do with being able to downgrade.

Thanks

my mistake i was thinking unlock

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by L00i3 View Post
    There is a way, but it doesn't work for all 3G[S]'s. Here are the basics Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) But like I said, doesn't work for all. Give it a shot; if it works awesome, if not no harm.

iBoot version has nothing to do with being able to downgrade.
    thanks alot man!... only question i got is, i have windows 7 and dont know how to open the file he says to insert into your computer...lol "CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" how would i go about opening this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I seem to have had the same problem phone gave me the same warning of no memory. But I managed to fix it self and I deleted a couple of apps and everything was back to normal. I put I on charge last night and woke up to my phoned turned off??? I turned it on and now, all my apps are gone, cydia won't open rock open when it feels like it, i open up my emails and it crashes, tryed count less reboot witch give me diffenerent results, tryed respringing and tryed messing about with SBsettings. How can I get my mobile back to normal? On top of that my piece off **** laptop has packed In and won't turn on. Good day for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mintyfrench View Post
    I seem to have had the same problem phone gave me the same warning of no memory. But I managed to fix it self and I deleted a couple of apps and everything was back to normal. I put I on charge last night and woke up to my phoned turned off??? I turned it on and now, all my apps are gone, cydia won't open rock open when it feels like it, i open up my emails and it crashes, tryed count less reboot witch give me diffenerent results, tryed respringing and tryed messing about with SBsettings. How can I get my mobile back to normal? On top of that my piece off **** laptop has packed In and won't turn on. Good day for me.
    thats exactly what i had the other day, lol do not restore your phone! look for the fix on here somewhere.

thanks alot man!... only question i got is, i have windows 7 and dont know how to open the file he says to insert into your computer...lol "CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" how would i go about opening this?
    Last edited by countryboy88; 03-17-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy88 View Post
    thats exactly what i had the other day, lol do not restore your phone! look for the fix on here somewhere.

thanks alot man!... only question i got is, i have windows 7 and dont know how to open the file he says to insert into your computer...lol "C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts" how would i go about opening this?
    this might help you

Windows 7 Edit the Hosts file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Might just re-jailbreak my phone. I'm on 3.1.2 so should be able to do it again with blackrain. I don't get it cos it done it to me yesterday but sorted it self out after reboot but today it's just not doing anything. Thank god I can still use the Internet off this and make calls and txt. Don't even know how this problem as ocured.

Green Apple
    Thanks

didnt work for me, maybe im doing something wrong? i just hope they come out with a jailbreak for 3.1.3 soon!!! lol i hate my iphone not being jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its came out this once before it'll hopefully come out of it again. Then I'll delete rock.

How can I get to safe mode Ive tryed throught SBsettings and it does work. Any ideas?

Solved the problem.

GUIs is for peeps that have lost the cracked apps like me after the whe rock issue. Open up *********.

Set intall method - clean
    iTunes sync - on
    debug log - on

and hey presto my apps all came back.
    Hope it work for everyone else.
    Last edited by Cer0; 03-18-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost- Removed Source Mention

Thanks

Superb! glad it worked out for ya

and for any other issues

RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously