Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Blackra1n autorun at Boot up?

Lightbulb 3GS Blackra1n autorun at Boot up?
    On My Mac i was looking at the package contents of Blackra1n RC3, and i found under MacOs the unix executable that sets the jailbreaking process into motion, and i got to thinking, what if you put the contents of Blackra1n on the iPhone, then you modified the Boot Path using irecovery to boot the blackra1n executable on startup of the iPhone i.e. something like use the blackra1n executable as the boot image to set things into motion without needing a computer? This is probably impossible but its just an idea Of course the image would need slight modification to autorun but still
    Last edited by MadKillr05; 03-16-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Maybe a good idea, but I probably has already been tried to get an untethered jailbreak. But hey, who knows if no one though of something that "simple"?

sounds good, i guess it could work.. im hoping it will

im hoping someone good with coding will see this and attempt to modify the file and /try/ it :P

Thanks

you could always try it yourself mate and become more famous then Steve Jobs only with less Presteige, Money and Presteige!

Download an SDK and have a play with it (just dont try uplaoding to your iphone,, run simplators etc or ask on here for assistance)
    If I've helped you remember to say

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dantehman1 For This Useful Post:

MadKillr05 (03-18-2010)

Im downloading the SDK now lol, also i heard Chronic Dev is (mostly) finished with Greenpois0n (untethered)

Thanks

i think they are still working on that 'non tethered' fix
    If I've helped you remember to say