+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reset all settings done iphone not starting please help..

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi , I accidently have restored all settings on my jail broken iphone and now only the apple logo is displayed and it restarts every 3 minutes I know this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Reset all settings done iphone not starting please help..
    Hi ,
    I accidently have restored all settings on my jail broken iphone and now only the apple logo is displayed and it restarts every 3 minutes
    I know this is not a new post but since i am new to using an iphone i would please request someone to help me out on this or atleast guide me to the right post...
    PLease Help.....

Its a 3g and i dont know the version it is on i just bought it from a friend of mine who was using from the past two months my itunes is not recognising the phone i was able to put it in the DFU mode(i can see a cable which has an arrow towards itunes on the screen)...
    Pls do guide me.....
    Last edited by koneru; 03-16-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

concise option is go and restore your phone and save time.you can grab your data out through iPhone browser or winSCP.in future DONNOT EVER HIT RESET IN A JAILBROKEN iPHONE.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hellodrsoul For This Useful Post:

koneru (03-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply hellodrsoul
    i dont ned the data on my phone at all it was my friends before and i recently bought it so none of the data on it is mine...so i dont need any of the data....
    how do i restore it..
    I am an amateur and i am new to using all this i tried using redsnow but it was not able to recognise the ipsw tht i downlaoded
    i am able to put it in dfu mode but my itunes is not recognising it.
    Please Please please help...

Green Apple
    Thanks

1.when your phone is displaying the cable and connect to itunes logo,connect your phone to itunes and then hold down both sleep button and home Button at the same time.
    2.when apple logo comes up,leave sleep button but keep home button holded and don't release it until you see the same cable and connect to itunes message.this may take 6-7 minutes to appear.when you get it,you ll shortly hear a sound(Like when you connect a usb and you dhould keep home button pressed).now your phone should appear in itunes.
    3.if it didnot appear,than try this.hold down both sleep and home button while your phone is connected to your itunes and keep both of them holded until you get a RECOVERY MODE message in iTunes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hellodrsoul For This Useful Post:

koneru (03-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks again
    it got connected to itunes like tht ....
    now when i say restore it is asking me to downloan a 3.1.3 version for this iphone .... is it ok if i update to this version can i jail break this version...
    i try to use resn0w but it crashes as soon as it tries to restart my phone....
    quick pwn also faces a similar problem..... please helppp
    Last edited by koneru; 03-17-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

now you have to know which was your prev OS.if prev jailbreak was tethered than most probably you don't have any option except upgrading through iTunes.to unlock your 3g,have a visit to dev team blog.if previous jailbreak was untethered,you can download custom IPSWs or build your own.sorry i don't have a link.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hellodrsoul For This Useful Post:

koneru (03-18-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks bro...
    restored back my phone all i need to do is jailbreak it..
    i have done tht with blackra1n but the network reception is very low.. is there anyhting ese tht shld be done...