+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've had this problem a couple times now, but this is just getting goddamn ridiculous. Twice have I purchased themes by Bluemetal and both times I've never been able to
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Rock takes your money, doesn't let you download.
    I've had this problem a couple times now, but this is just getting goddamn ridiculous.

Twice have I purchased themes by Bluemetal and both times I've never been able to download them.

I purchased my phone second hand and apparently the RockID attached to it was transferred, which means I'm completely screwed. No answers from the 5+ emails to RYP, not even a return voicemail.

It's getting obvious that they are in the game of taking people's money and not actually providing services instead. See my attached screenshots to give an idea of the frustrating view I'm getting now when all I wanted to do was support Bluemetal and the fantastic themes he puts out.

Don't worry Bluemetal, I'm sending another $10 donation your way. It saddens me that RYP/Appsidy is making it incredibly difficult to enjoy your work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously-rock_purchase.jpg   RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously-img_0248.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

bluemetal said that rock is having problems with hjis theme on his thread.

but if u paid for it just tell blue, im sure hell understand

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Storage: 0 MB on / RockApp Update
    Hi Everyone,

Have had an ongoing problem for awhile now-since upgrading to 3.1.2

in SB Settings, it says "Storage 0MB on/ 1289 MB on/var." and I think this is not allowing me to update anything via RockApp (including RockApp itself). For 2(?) months now, I've had the same 6 available updates, but everytime I click "Update All", they load/install/restart only to show the same 6.

Am I right to think this is because I have 0 MB on /? Anything I can do?

Anyone?
    Last edited by Shinner23; 03-09-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation Memory slowly dissapearing
    as i write this my iphone 3gs 3.1.2 firmware (new boot) is loosing memory it's memory is just depleting, i had about 1gb left i have downloading NOTHING i have actually deleted stuff, and the memory is dissapearing at about 1mb/s.
    WHAT IS WRONG?
    do i need to restore
    is it something simple like a practical joke app?
    is it a virus!!!
    is it a glitcH?
    any info would be helpful
    IF restoring upgrades me to 3.1.3 i will do so if i have to
    also i can't seem to launch some apps, might be the memory thing

please help me!
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy RYP log keeps writing "wrote zero bytes" continuously
    Hi,

My iPhone all the suddent gave me warning that I was about to be ran out space. Couple hours ago, I checked I had 4+gb of space and did not installed any applications or anything that could take a lot of space that fast.

Upon checking, I found out the space was eaten up by RYP log located under:
    /private/var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs/rockapp_2010-03-15.log

the log was full due to "Wrote zero bytes" message. it wrote more than 18k times per second (yes, per second!):
    /private/var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs root# grep -c "Mon Mar 15 01:21:07: Wrote zero bytes" rockapp_2010-03-15.log

the log kept being written even RYP app was not running.
    respring and restarting the iPhone did not help.
    Although, restarting the iPhone did cleaned up the log, however it starts getting filled up again.. I think it wrote about 1mb every 1-2 seconds.

Does anyone knows why it doing that? and I'm not sure why it keeps logging even RYP is not running....

The problem seems go away by itself, and right now the log is not writing anything unless I run the RYP. and no new "Wrote zero bytes" message since then.

can someone advise? this worries me if RYP starts acting up again.

Thanks!
    Last edited by paparika; 03-15-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Correcting the stats

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paparika For This Useful Post:

maxxell (03-15-2010), metaljay (03-15-2010), moonrad (03-16-2010)

Thanks

i also get the same problem since this morning
    now cydia etc will not open

edit#
    i deleted the file, now iphone constantly respringing
    wiooooopppsss

3.1.3 iphone 3GS

edit#2

Seem to have found a temp fix,
    1. Delete the file using SSH or ifile if your phone allows you to open it
    2. Respring (will respring about 3times then youll b able to get to springboard)
    3. Open Rock, Go to manage tab>settings and scroll down to 'clear icon cache', refresh sources (i got an error about some sources but ignore it)
    4. Then reopen rock, check it all works ok (asin no errors)

and finaly check the .log file size using SSH or iFile, mine has not changed size (from 60.9kb) in 10minutes now.
    Last edited by metaljay; 03-15-2010 at 05:12 AM.

Like A Boss

8. The Following User Says Thank You to metaljay For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (03-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing is happening as I type this. I deleted a bunch of stuff and it still keeps disappearing at the same rate you mentioned. Anyone else?

Any help?

Thanks

as posted here:
    [Help]My iPhone memory suddenly go full today !!!!

and here:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/rock-your-p...tinuously.html

i found the fix:

1. Delete the file using SSH or ifile if your phone allows you to open it
    2. Respring (will respring about 3times then youll b able to get to springboard)
    3. Open Rock, Go to manage tab>settings and scroll down to 'clear icon cache', refresh sources (i got an error about some sources but ignore it)
    4. Then reopen rock, check it all works ok (asin no errors)

and finaly check the .log file size using SSH or iFile, mine has not changed size (from 60.9kb) in 10minutes now.

Like A Boss

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metaljay For This Useful Post:

moonrad (03-16-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never mind. After refreshing sources (forgot that part) all memory is back and everything is all good!

Thanks a ton. Damn rock app.
    Last edited by xxRolandxx; 03-15-2010 at 06:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem but it seems to be fixed now - here's what I did: Uninstalled RockApp through Cydia (along with apps that depend on RYP), deleted the log file, reinstalled and ran RockApp which then said there is an essential update available, installed update (now at 2.20.9), reinstalled apps from within RockApp, now all is good.

It's possible that just installing the RockApp update (and deleting/zeroing the log file) would have been enough.
    Last edited by plaut; 03-15-2010 at 06:42 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to plaut For This Useful Post:

maxxell (03-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude, you are exactly right. I had the same problem this morning. At some point over night my phone woke me up and beeped about running out of free space. When I eventually got out of bed, I found the same problems. The phone was sluggish, and neither rock nor cydia would open, both saying not enough free space. I had to delete an old (iTunes) app to temporarily get them to work. After a bunch of searching, I came across this post.

So I used iPhone Explorer to check on that log you mention above and it was 6GB! I tried uninstalling/reinstalling rock without manually deleting the log, and that didn't help.

To fix it, I uninstalled rock, deleted the log using iPhone Explorer, then reinstalled rock. Thanks for finding that log, paparika!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 0 bytes free on var over night
    My phone 3GS 3.1.2 jailbroke has always had 9.4gigs free on it for the last 8 months, then all of a sudden over night last night it dropped down to 0 bytes free. Now I can't do ANYTHING on my phone. I tried going through my whole /var with iFile but I couldn't find anything remotely large. What has happened? Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to restore because I'll lose my unlock and my jailbreak. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Same thing happened to me, any fix for this?

Thanks

Yesterday I had 2514 mb free. This morningi watched it go down about 10-20 mb every 30 seconds. I am still trying to figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I'm now stopped at 1756 mb. Lost about 700 mb's.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 03-15-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've seen stories that people who have the Rock app (obtained when jailbreaking) have been affected by this kind of problem overnight. Apparantly it repeatedly updates a log, taking the filesize up to 4 or 5 GB's. Maybe try the Rock forum for further info?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

some apps dont load btw and it's gotten slow (this was before i took action)

/private/var/mobile/Library/RYP/logs/rockapp_2010-03-15.log
    deleted it

manually cleared springboard chache

ok right, can't load rock BUT can load cydia :s

any help here? i refered to the pages you put a link for. still buggered...

ok update, it's just slow and apps don't work too well and it dosen't know what firmware its on... BUT memory is there! sorry it just appeared
    Last edited by Spoooner; 03-15-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...

Thanks

the link you posted is dead can u repost please

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Can't run cydia, and when trying to take pictures iphone says low disk space
    I have an iPhone 3GS v3.1.2, jailbroken with blackrain (no-tethering required for reoot)

I started getting a message saying that I had low disk space and it couldn't delete pictures. So, I deleted a bunch of picures and a few apps that I wasn't using. I also deleted a number of voicemails. And I did a reboot.

But I still get the message. So, I used Info Pro to check my stats and it said 29.33GB of 29.33GB in use, so I deleted about another 50 pics and videos, and checked again and it still said the same thing.

So, I checked in this forum and some folks said that BossTools might be able to help. So, I went to check it out by starting Cydia... as soon as I starrted Cydia, it went right back to my springboard. I rebooted and still had the same issue.

So, now what do I do to get Cydia working and fix my low disk space issue?

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

All: Thanks for posting your issues - we've narrowed it down to an unknown repo's packages file with an invalid bzip format. Can you all post what repos you have and maybe we can narrow it down by the repos each of you have?

Also - we'll be putting out a fix shortly to prevent this from happening. Not sure if some repo's server got messed up with the time change.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast