+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: issues after recent jailbreak

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently downgraded and re-jailbroke my iphone 3g back to 3.1.2. I am now having 2 current issues- 1) no apps are showing within Rock Your Phone 2) i have
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation issues after recent jailbreak
    I recently downgraded and re-jailbroke my iphone 3g back to 3.1.2. I am now having 2 current issues-

1) no apps are showing within Rock Your Phone

2) i have push notifications on but when i open up an app, it continues to show "connect to itunes to get push notifications" or whatever.

This is really frustrating to me and i've restore the phone twice thinking that would fix the problem. If it helps, my phone is unlocked to be able to use on t-mobile and i used blackrain to jailbreak. Does anyone have any advice on fixing these issues? Thanks in advance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Download pushfix off cydia to fix your push problem and remove rock and use cydia instead to solve all others
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Actually, for push you should in Cydia add the source http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt/ and then install Push Doctor. This will give you a unique push cert and you can avoid the problems about getting push notifications from other users.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That fix says it's only for activated phones. How do I know if my phone is activated, hacktivated, or ?

Everything was working fine on my phone until it was lost in a cab, who gave it to his kids and they did a restore and upgrade to it. Luckily I tracked it and got it back. I was able to downgrade back to 3.1.2 and re-jb it, but now I keep gettg the connect to iTunes to use push notifications.

Edit: Nevermind about how do I know, my phone must be activated as I can call, receive calls, text, etc with it, but ever since I downgraded from 3.1.3 back to 3.1.2, my push doesn't work. Maybe I installed push fix before, maybe not. I can't remember, but I sure would like it fixed again.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 03-23-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks

If the phone is activated, you can make calls text and the like on the AT&T network. If it is hacktivated than it is unlocked and can make calls on another network, most likely T-Mobile. And if you want push back add the pushdoctor repo above.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

To quote someone else in these forums who has managed to resolve my iphone issues... "avoid Rock like the plague." I did... and no more complaints.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm an idiot. Turns out, I installed an app on my phone called Silent. I needed it because you can set a schedule for the phone to switch to silent mode, and I can't have it going off at work, but was sometimes finding the silent switch got bumped back on and it would go off. The Silent app has a profile that turns off everything you set it to, included PUSH. My push is actually still working, but when I was trying to access apps with Silent on, it was telling me to connect to iTunes. Once that's off, I don't get the message anymore. D'oh! So many others were having the same problem, that I thought I had it too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macar0ni View Post
    To quote someone else in these forums who has managed to resolve my iphone issues... "avoid Rock like the plague." I did... and no more complaints.
    That was me
    If I've helped you remember to say

Thanks

Nice +1 dantehman1 I have made many similar comments