+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Applications Folder Names During SSH

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey All - As many on here, i connect to my iPhone's file system often. I use WinSCP, DiskAid, and iFile if I don't have immediate access to a computer.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Applications Folder Names During SSH
    Hey All -

As many on here, i connect to my iPhone's file system often. I use WinSCP, DiskAid, and iFile if I don't have immediate access to a computer.

If I am connected via WinSCP or DiskAid and am in the /private/var/mobile/Applications path, the sub-folders do not have the apps's names, but are seemingly in HEX or something else (Attached screenshot.)

Is there a way to get it to translate to show the app names instead? I have to search each one if I need to copy a file or game save backup over. I seem to remember seeing them a couple times when using iFile (or something similar.)

I will use a different (Windows) app or even change configs if need be. Perhaps it's as easy as going to a different remote path.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Applications Folder Names During SSH-1.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 9,211 Times in 5,695 Posts

open each of the (numbered) files, you will see the name of the application inside.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes - thank you. i know that. It's how I've always found them. i just am seeing if I'm overlooking a different approach where i don't have to open each of my 100+ folders to find a specific app.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Not sure about winscp and diskaid, but in the new version of iFile, in settings you can turn on the display of application names instead of showing those numbers.

Thanks

i second you with this problem! surprised that u still havent got the solution !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone give me the entire "Contacts.app" and "Maps.app" folder from root/system applications please ! ! ! i messed up and i dont have the icon to them anymore. would really appreciate it after 4 months of no help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BzowK View Post
    Yes - thank you. i know that. It's how I've always found them. i just am seeing if I'm overlooking a different approach where i don't have to open each of my 100+ folders to find a specific app.

Thanks
    i believe thats the paid version