+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Benefits (if any) of restoring your iPhone as a "NEW" iphone...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Are there any benefits of restoring your iphone as a NEW iPhone? When you plug your iPhone in DFU mode or restore it, iTunes gives you the option of setting
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Benefits (if any) of restoring your iPhone as a "NEW" iphone...
    Are there any benefits of restoring your iphone as a NEW iPhone?

When you plug your iPhone in DFU mode or restore it, iTunes gives you the option of setting that iPhone as a NEW one or a previously connected one. If you choose NEW you will loose all your settings and and have to manually set up all your emails, WiFi, etc. Naturally you will regain all your apps, contacts, music, etc, when you sync it with your computer again. I have read many times comments from people suggesting you to choose set up as a NEW phone, especially if you had the phone jailbroken because it allegedly removes all traces of the jailbreak. A few days ago I was speaking to a VERY knowledgeable person and he told me that there is no added benefit of setting the iPhone as a new iPhone. He stated that I should always choose the other option. I didn't get the full explanation and I was wondering if we could start a thread to clarify this issue a bit more.

Thanks

I would setup the phone as new if I was having any issues / conflicts with my previous install, because it does restore several system files that might be corrupt.

Thanks

if u was into the jailbreak scene you would kno this but like simtech states, its good to start fresh so u wont have repeated problems
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]