+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: internet tethering

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ive got a 3gs 3.1.2 j/b. until today i had an option for internet tethering now this option has gone Im on voda uk, is there a way to get
    iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

Default internet tethering
    ive got a 3gs 3.1.2 j/b. until today i had an option for internet tethering now this option has gone

Im on voda uk, is there a way to get this back?

Green Apple
    Thanks

did the option dissapear or is it there and just not working? cause mine is there but not working, i can turn it on or off for blutooth and usb but it just does not connect anymore, this happened to my other iphone too a couple of months ago. i still dont have a fix for it yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone after_burners's Avatar
    Thanks

the option disapeared altogether, basically i turned it on connected to my pc and it could not find a connection. so i checked the settings and it was gone

really strange as i use it alot

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it jailbroken?

Green Apple
    Thanks

i worked out my tethering problem...
    the "tethering sbsettings toggle" add-on causes problems with the iphones native tethering toggle, sometimes the native toggle (settings>general>network>tethering) doesnt turn on or off when u use the "tethering sbsettings toggle" addon. it can cause loss in tether capability for usb and bluetooth, it can also make the native tether disappear all together (i found if the native tether disappeared and i went to sbsettings and turned the tethering toggle on then off a few times the native tether option would re-appear but it still would not connect to the mac). so i deleted this addon then did a full settings reset and my tethering connection came back. i had full function for both usb and blutooth tethering, just to be sure this addon was the cause i reinstalled it and sure enough the same problem occured..so i deleted and reset again...and everything works as normal.
    i tried the other addon "tether toggle" (apposed to the faulty "tethering toggle")sbsetting and this works fine no problem it synced with the native toggle flawlessly so far and i have had no problems....

so anyone with loss of tethering after a jailbreak, if you use sbsettings and use "tethering toggle" addon get rid of it reset settings and use "tether toggle" addon.

finally 4days of near sleeplessness computering and its solved!!! for me anyways!!! good luck to anyone else with similar issues i hope this helps.