+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Stuck in Safe Mode

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I got an iPhone 3G that is currently stuck in Safe Mode. Everytime I restart or reboot the phone for MobileSubstrate it goes straight back to safe mode. I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone 3G Stuck in Safe Mode
    Hello, I got an iPhone 3G that is currently stuck in Safe Mode. Everytime I restart or reboot the phone for MobileSubstrate it goes straight back to safe mode. I gotta say it is the most aggravating problem. Does anyone know a fix for this? I am running 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. Any opinions would help me greatly. Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeT674's Avatar
    Thanks

Try reinstalling mobile substrate through cydia. Have you installed anything new lately or updated anything in cydia that uses mobile substrate?

Thanks

That happened to me today, same exact iphone 3g, blackra1n and all. I pretty much new what happened to mine...if you have iconoclasm installed, trying removing it, it totally fixed my issue. Sucks not to have iconoclasm, but at least i dont have to restore.
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life~ Charles Darwin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have not installed anything within the past week, I had this problem a few weeks ago and ended up having to wipe the damn thing with no chance to sync it first. It always seems to come out of an application freezing when answering a phone call. I have no idea why this happens out of the blue but I know a native app should not cause this type of damage... Phone, Mail, last time it was when a phone call came in when I was using iFitness. Anyway, I reinstalled mobilesubstrate and the phone is rebooting right back into safe mode !!!!!!!!!

Any other suggestions?

I am going to list everything installed by Cydia. If anyone knows or has had any problems with any of the following please let me know and I will remove it. Thank you.

AnyRing
    AppBackup
    AppCake
    ******* for OS 3.1
    APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
    AptBackup
    AT&T Carrier Logo
    Backgrounder
    Battery Control Premium
    Camera Zoom
    Categories (Never worked so removed)
    Categories (Never worked so removed)
    CategoriesSB (Never worked so removed)
    ClearCam
    Enhanced CTorrent
    Five Icon Dock
    Five-Columb SpringBoard
    gpSPhone + Bios
    iBlacklist
    iCauseFX's Repo & Icons
    iDeviceRAM (for 3.X)
    iFile
    ********** Plugins Pack
    iRealSMS 3.0
    MacBook Final
    MobileTerminal
    MyWi
    NoCyfresh
    OpenSSH
    Rock Extensions
    RockApp
    Safari Download Manager
    SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggle
    SnowCover Pro (I removed this because I dont use it)
    UDIDFaker
    Volume Boost x3
    WebViewController
    WinterBoard
    YourTube
    3G Unrestrictor

Please let me know if anyone has had any problems with these apps. Or any advice on which ones to remove to correct this problem. Thank you.
    Last edited by jordolang; 03-12-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost