+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g in ipod mode.. wtf?!?!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey yall whats going on... I been a member of mmi for quite some time... and never post much because all my answers are always answerd in posts about j/b
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone 3g in ipod mode.. wtf?!?!
    Hey yall whats going on...

I been a member of mmi for quite some time... and never post much because all my answers are always answerd in posts about j/b and everything anyways.. i have a very odd situation i dont know how to solve and i thought i post it up here cuz i havent found the answer to... anyways.. i have a 3g iphone right now j/b on 3.1.2 with blackrain and yesterday @ the supermarket i was trying to make a phone call and i notied my phone on top said ipod... and everything on the phone turn into what i looked to be a itouch... long story short.. wtf?!?! can i fix this? its in ipod mode and i cannt make no outgoing calls but i can get incomming.. but i cant even send not texts neither.. whats up with that?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

have you try to kill the proccess with sbsettings or anything like that? Also try a hard reset. i find myself saying this alot but, a restore is only a click away and it will solve just about any software problem.
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    have you try to kill the proccess with sbsettings or anything like that? Also try a hard reset. i find myself saying this alot but, a restore is only a click away and it will solve just about any software problem.
    i did hard rest reset network settings... everything.. sb settings shoudl work but i didnt download it on my phone in particular... weird thing is.. i did a restore from 2 weeks ago and still the same... i recieve calls with no problems and rec texts... but to get to the text screen or phone screen i need to rec somthing first before i can send

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Something is messed up that you probably keep putting back on your phone.

Sync all your data, and then do a fresh restore. Do not restore from backup. Make sure to set it up as a new phone. Then simply sync to iTunes and all your contacts/music will be back.

Should clear it up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Try checking poof to see if your phone stuff is just hidden, would explain why you can receive calls, and changing the carrier is easy. Also are you unlocked? If so BE SURE NOT TO UPGRADE TO 3.1.3 just do a restore to 3.1.2 if you go that way.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can't do a fresh restore because I know it will prompt me to go 3.1.3 and I don't wanna go there.. Plus it is jb right now uNlocked on tmobile so that's another thing.. Nothing was downloaded or updated since november 09.. And carrier wasn't changed by me.. It changed on it own and it took the bars off my status bar on top... Jus shows wifi bars.. Its relly weird

Thanks

Download the 3.1.2 firmware and do a <shift> Restore. But like the others have set, set up as a new phone, do not restore from backup.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you may need an older version of itunes to set up 3.1.2 and yeh be careful of what you download just remember what u download if it happens again.. GOOD LUCK
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    you may need an older version of itunes to set up 3.1.2 and yeh be careful of what you download just remember what u download if it happens again.. GOOD LUCK
    You dont the latest version works just fine.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Download the 3.1.2 firmware and do a <shift> Restore. But like the others have set, set up as a new phone, do not restore from backup.
    ok immah try that