+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HOW TO Restore iPhone 3Gs (new iboot rom) From Firmware 3.1.2 to 3.1.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware (Original OS when bought), 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx (new iboot rom) ... This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3. Currently
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question HOW TO Restore iPhone 3Gs (new iboot rom) From Firmware 3.1.2 to 3.1.2
    Hi,

I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware (Original OS when bought), 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx (new iboot rom) ... This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3.

Currently this iphone does not work well (unexpectedly : wifi deactivated, edge problem, boot loop mode...). I want to reinstall its firmware with apple or customized firmware iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11.ipsw. Is it possible now? How?

Many thanks

PS: I had this message on cydia : "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file"

Thanks

You can install a custom firmware but not an official one.
    Without your 3.1.2 SHSH files, you can't restore normally to 3.1.2.

You need to use pwnage tool or get a custom 3.1.2 firmware file from someone that has a MAC.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I thought you could only load CFW on a 3GS with an old iBoot (NOT teathered)?

And once one acquired a custom firmware, if they had a Winows system, and no access to a Mac, how would it be installed? Snowbreeze? what version?

It's insane how many threads there are about all this, and I understand why ... read 10 random threads and it seems there are at least 5 different answers. it makes my head spin!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BumbleBeez For This Useful Post:

iDom (03-10-2010), kaursan (03-09-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeez View Post
    I thought you could only load CFW on a 3GS with an old iBoot (NOT teathered)?

And once one acquired a custom firmware, if they had a Winows system, and no access to a Mac, how would it be installed? Snowbreeze? what version?

It's insane how many threads there are about all this, and I understand why ... read 10 random threads and it seems there are at least 5 different answers. it makes my head spin!
    You're correct, custom firmwares only work for phones with the old bootrom, so the thread starter can't use one of those.

To answer your question, you install a CFW on a windows comp simply by shift-restoring to it in iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

kaursan,

First thing you need to do and do it now!

Open up Cydia on your Iphone and choose "Make my life easier"

Once you do that then do nothing till you can open up Cydia and it says SHSHs are stored 3.1.2 for this device!

I would no nothing till this happens!

This is what you will need to restore the CFW

I uninstalled blackra1n on my iphone, which is old boot rom and rebroke mine with Pwnage and have had NO problems with anything! Just my pref

Area51
    Last edited by area51crypto; 03-10-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    kaursan,

First thing you need to do and do it now!

Open up Cydia on your Iphone and choose "Make my life easier"

Once you do that then do nothing till you can open up Cydia and it says SHSHs are stored 3.1.2 for this device!

I would no nothing till this happens!

This is what you will need to restore the CFW

I uninstalled blackra1n on my iphone, which is old boot rom and rebroke mine with Pwnage and have had NO problems with anything! Just my pref

Area51
    3.1.2 isn't being signed anymore so he'll never be able to get the 3.1.2 files stored.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been in the same situation as Kaursan just a week ago but my phone is 3GS week 37, I got "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file" and I successfully restored my phone with CFW 3.1.2 created by pwnagetool 3.1.5, I failed a few times first because I did not hold the home key long enough to get the USB+iTunes display on the phone, I got instead a black screen but iTunes still see the phone in restore mode and it shows error 1600. So make sure the phone is in restore mode and showing USB+iTunes and modify the hosts file so iTunes will verify the eligibility to restore against Cydia server but not Apple server. My point is if the phone has been jb and at 3.1.2 you can restore to 3.1.2, the only precaution is do not get near the 3.1.3, once you have the phone at 3.1.3 you get stuck.
    Last edited by aneagle; 03-11-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aneagle View Post
    I've been in the same situation as Kaursan just a week ago but my phone is 3GS week 37, I got "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file" and I successfully restored my phone with CFW 3.1.2 created by pwnagetool 3.1.5, I failed a few times first because I did not hold the home key long enough to get the USB+iTunes display on the phone, I got instead a black screen but iTunes still see the phone in restore mode and it shows error 1600. So make sure the phone is in restore mode and showing USB+iTunes and modify the hosts file so iTunes will verify the eligibility to restore against Cydia server but not Apple server. My point is if the phone has been jb and at 3.1.2 you can restore to 3.1.2, the only precaution is do not get near the 3.1.3, once you have the phone at 3.1.3 you get stuck.
    Custom firmwares don't work at all on phones with the new bootrom so this won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by kaursan View Post
    Hi,

I have 3GS iPhone with 3.1.2 firmware (Original OS when bought), 05.11.07 baseband and serial 87947Wxxxx (new iboot rom) ... This iphone was successfully Jaillbreaked with Blackra1n RC3.

Currently this iphone does not work well (unexpectedly : wifi deactivated, edge problem, boot loop mode...). I want to reinstall its firmware with apple or customized firmware iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11.ipsw. Is it possible now? How?

Many thanks

PS: I had this message on cydia : "This device has a 3.1.3 ECID SHSH on file"
    There's nothing you can do. You have to either live with the bugs or live without a jailbreak/unlock.
    Last edited by dhamien; 03-11-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default Why you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    3.1.2 isn't being signed anymore so he'll never be able to get the 3.1.2 files stored.
    I beg to differ as I had Iphone 3gs jailbroken with blackra!n that was at 3.1.2 and I removed blackra1n and jailbroke with Pwnage to custom firmware and now I am at 3.1.2 jailboke with Pwnage.

Area51

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

dhamien is correct. Try an official 3.1.2 firmware from Apple and it will deny you on a 3GS. Yours worked because you used a custom firmware. Apple will not, under any circumstances, sign 3.1.2 anymore which also means you cannot log 3.1.2 shsh's with Saurik.

Thanks

Default Maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    dhamien is correct. Try an official 3.1.2 firmware from Apple and it will deny you on a 3GS. Yours worked because you used a custom firmware. Apple will not, under any circumstances, sign 3.1.2 anymore which also means you cannot log 3.1.2 shsh's with Saurik.
    Maybe I have misunderstood as I was under the impression he wanted to get rid of Blackra1n and rejailbreak because he was having problems with Blackra1n!

If he wanted the iphone back to stock he could just simply update to 3.1.3

Area51

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

He wants to rejailbreak, but his phone cannot accept a custom firmware due to his iBoot...and since it is bricked he has to install an official firmware(3.1.3) which puts him in a corner.

Thanks

Default Missed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    He wants to rejailbreak, but his phone cannot accept a custom firmware due to his iBoot...and since it is bricked he has to install an official firmware(3.1.3) which puts him in a corner.
    I must make an apology as I missed the " boot loop mode...). "

My bad!

Area51