Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! My iphone is stuck in Apple Logo Mode!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unhappy Help! My iphone is stuck in Apple Logo Mode!!
    I know i've seen so many of these posts already but i was hoping someone could help out my situation

I currently own an Iphone 3g with a 3.1.2OS that is unlocked and jailbroken. Friday afternoon, all was working perfectly well. I went to update the updates that Cydia and Rock were showing needed to be updated. I even asked my friend if i need to update them and he said yes. I then went to uninstall XGPS because i could not get the turn-by-turn to work for me. I did a full power off as i have done many times with the phone. Now it is stuck on the apple logo and eventually the spinning wheel comes up. After the screen stays on for about 5-10 minutes, it reboots itself and the process starts over again.

Is there a way this can be fixed without putting it into DFU mode or am i SOL and needing to buy a new iphone? Please please please help me out!! I feel depressed having to use my blackberry curve

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried recovery mode yet, if so and it didnt work. Have you tried to put it in dfu mode yet? If it works restore the phone.

Why do you not want to put in dfu, is it unlocked or just jailbroken? If it is just jailbroken you can rejailbreak it even if you are forced to install 3.1.3 firmware, you would not be able to unlock it anymore though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

no, i have it unlocked & jailbroken b/c i still use T-Mobile. Everywhere i've read has told me not to put it into DFU or Restore mode..unless theres something i dont know..

I can't confirm this works b/c I have not had to do it, but visit FSMdotCOM

they just put an article up today about a new program (only for macs sry) that will fix that problem without having to restore. If you use a PC they also have a tutorial on how to do that even though it seems a little more complicated than the mac way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Try letting the battery die, than plug it into your computer while itunes is running and while holding down the home button, once it gains enough power it will enter recovery mode and you can restore.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
    Try letting the battery die, than plug it into your computer while itunes is running and while holding down the home button, once it gains enough power it will enter recovery mode and you can restore.
    i thought if you put an unlocked phone into restore mode, it would force you to update to 3.1.3? if i updated it to 3.1.3, then i'd be really screwed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amandarenee View Post
    i thought if you put an unlocked phone into restore mode, it would force you to update to 3.1.3? if i updated it to 3.1.3, then i'd be really screwed.
    Guide to downgrade here Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Green Apple
    Thanks

hopefully this works..

let me verify on what i need to do..restore or place in DFU mode..and if that web link works..then re-unlock and jailbreak it? after all this, my 3g should function on a tmobile network again?

Thanks

Read the whole instruction kit, saurik explains it better than I but I BELIEVE (Not 100% certain) that under certain circumstances you can restore a iphone 3G to 3.1.2. If you upgrade though, you are screwed there is NO way to downgrade the baseband once its been upgraded at this point. However I just re read the post and I dont see anywhere that you tried booting it using redsn0w 0.9.4, try doing that before risking a restore

Green Apple
    Thanks

no i havent tried to boot it using redsnow, im been too scared it will force an update of the 3.1.3

Thanks

There is a quickboot option in red sn0w that doesn't force an upgrade or jailbreak but just boots a jb'd device much like re running blackra1n on a device already jb'd

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought 3G firmwares were not veryfied by apple?

Whoops! Should read verified. Way to sound like a hick...he shoots!he scores!
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 03-09-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost