+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring iTunes on new computer

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have looked round the forums for the answer to this but cant really find a simple answer. Basically i just want to transfer my iTunes library to a new
    iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Restoring iTunes on new computer
    I have looked round the forums for the answer to this but cant really find a simple answer.

Basically i just want to transfer my iTunes library to a new computer (songs, Apps)

I have a Jailbroken Iphone 3GS on 3.1.2

Is there a way to just transfer all my apps and songs to a new itunes without having to restore the phone??

Thanks in advance for your help

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

once you install itunes just go to settings and authorize a computer type in you account info and it should let you bring all your stuff in
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Pod to mac is 20$: Pod to Mac - Free iPod, iPhone Music Transfer Software and is fantastic, or senuti :Senuti not as good but free
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

Thanks

another program for us NON MAC types is ipod to computer pro. again, about 20 bux, but well worth it. first you install itunes to your computer. SECOND, take your itunes to computer software, install that, then hook up your iphone to the computer without itunes running. Ipod to computer will detect your phone, and do as it says. It puts all your apps AND songs into the appropriate folder in itunes. This worked nicely for me when i bought an ipod touch and transferred alot of my stuff to the touch. another option that is out there, is to "authorize" a second computer, but you had better have ALL the junk on the first and second computer, otherwise it will tell you that you are about to sync with a new computer, and poof. all your shtuff is GONE. pissed me off pretty good! Thank GOD I had my ipod NANO with 4 1/2 gig of songs still on it. THAT is what kept me from killing my computer with a fork. (Don't try that at home, kids!)
    Good luck,
    unklbyl

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for ur replys I'm going to do this tomorrow so I'll let you know which was best for me. Hopefully all will go well!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

No Problem
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here